Monday, April 11, 2022

More strip sets..............


8 more strip sets have been sewn for the mottled batiks 16 patch.  I need to sew 5 more sets and then I'll have the 63 blocks I need.






It is typical for my orange cactus to be the final bloomer for the winter season.  One last bud will bloom this week.

The 2 Easter cacti have not bloomed since I bought them 6 years ago.  Here is the post where they were in bloom.  They are both very healthy looking but no buds.


I raked a few more leaves in the back yard yesterday afternoon (61 degrees) and found a few more plants coming up.  Here is one of the clumps of peonies starting to grow.



Behind the bird feeders I found this little patch of blooms.

I read my blogs through Bloglovin' and haven't been able to get to it for 2 days.  Every time I tried it said "sorry this page is not available".  I hope it is up and running today.

 

10 comments:

Mary said...

I am having the same issue with Bloglovin' on all my devices. It really messes up my morning routine!

Libby in TN said...

What topsy-turvy weather! We had snow showers most of Saturday and began Sunday in the 30s. Didn't even need a coat when I came out of church.

patty a. said...

It is always nice to see plants coming to life in the spring!

mb-RI said...

Lovely fabric choices for your strip sets!

Julierose said...

I know--Bloglovin' is a pain lately--I can never get there either!! Las night I got in at 10:45!! I sense another "change" coming--;((((
I didn't know there was an "Easter" cactus--it is so pretty with those pointed petals...
Your mottles are looking really neat--I like that darker vibe a lot hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have heard others complain that Bloglovin wasn't working - I use Feedly Reader with no problem have never used the other one. Nice to see a flower on your cactus my plants (3) haven't had many buds this year one of them only had one and they never bloom at Easter

CONNIE ENEVOLD said...

I’m having same issue with bloglovin. Just wrote to them so will see if I get a reply.

Mystic Quilter said...

Do I spy bluebells in your last photos?

JJM said...

Your Mottled fabrics for this 16 patch are the prettiest I’ve ever seen. Looking forward to another beauty.

Spring is certainly underway in your gardens. And love those little blue blossoms.

JJM

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I had the same issue with Bloglivin' since Friday. Yesterday I went to "Contact Us" on their site and sent them and email. Today my feed is back up and running. Good Luck!