Thursday, April 14, 2022

Partially sewn..............


I got the other half of the blocks up on the wall and spent another hour arranging them in a pleasing way.  Last night I said OK, enough, sew it!  I think this one could have a 3" - 4" border of a mottled fabric.  It is such an all over design that the border wouldn't be distracting. I'll finish sewing the cross rows today.


I'm working with my last ball of scrubby yarn.  This one is really pretty compared to some that I have used.  I should get 2 dishcloths out of this ball.




I took a photo of my tiny Lenten Rose plant.  It might be about 8" tall now.  The bloom hangs down so there is only a side view of it.  There are 2 more buds on the plant now.







This is from the other side where there is one of the buds.  Yesterday was a rainy day so these have been watered.  I have a wide overhang on the house so they can't get too wet where they are.  I hope the 3 plants will fill in the area this summer.


Bloglovin is back up and running and I haven't seen any explanation of what happened.  I hope they have gone to a higher capacity server because they were down quite often for short periods saying their servers were at capacity and please check back later.

 

9 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your quilt.need to spread mine out and see if big enough yet. Your dishcloth is so pretty

Julierose said...

The quilt looks so good!!
Your Lenten Rose is really a pretty color.
Loving that scrubby'c colors nice work hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

The quilt top looks great! That is going to be a pretty dishcloth. The Lenten Rose looks like it is happy. I am enjoying seeing their growth.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never run into that problem using the Feedly service for keeping track of the blogs that I read - there were a lot of people complaining about the one you use.
The quilt top is looking really good in the arrangement you decided on. The problem with the tiny flower plants is that you almost have to lay down on the ground to get a good photo of the flower and then you have to try to get back up LOL

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilt top is gorgeous colors and a delight to gaze at. I was going to photo my hellebores today, but we have strong winds and rain at the moment. The weather turned on a dime.

Needled Mom said...

The final layout looks great. It’s nice to see the flowers back and blooming.

JJM said...

Great post today Wanda….. lots going on in your days, as always.

JJM.

sue s said...

I like how the quilt is looking. I'll have to look for a Lenten Rose at the nursery in town; I'd love something that bloomed right about now! Our daffs finally have buds, but that's it so far. The wind today was really strong and we lost another big branch in our backyard.

Anne Ibach said...

I have never seen that scrubby yarn. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

A friend of mine used to crochet scrubbies using strips of tulle. I've had one for 15 years that I'm still using!