Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Center section sewn...........


I knew I had to take the center 4 sections off the wall and sew them together so yesterday was the day.  I added the 2" triangle squares into the 4" rows because that was the one place the math didn't work out.  Miraculously all of the rows fit with no problems.  So all of the 2", 3" and 4" squares are sewn together.  The 6" column on the right is sewn but all of the rest of the 6" squares are loose on the wall.  I need to cut pieces for 7 more and then possibly do a little rearranging before I can sew it all up.  It should end up around 54" x 72".


When I had looked at triangles long enough I finished this dish cloth. The color is azalea, not quite red or pink but something between.

Earlier in the day I started cleaning up around the Coral Bells in my new front garden but it was chilly out so I didn't last long.  Today will be even cooler so I'll work inside again.

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

It's a wonder your eyes didn't go bonkers on you looking at all those 1/2 sq triangles!!;))) It's really coming together well though,
Pretty dishcloth colors...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

The triangles have jelled wonderfully. Today woke up to snow cover and it is still snowing. No gardening today.

patty a. said...

With your precise cutting and sewing of course the center panel would fit! It is looking great! I love it.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've always enjoyed watching the progress of this quilt. Seems to have been a long journey but nearly at the end of it's travels; yesterdays finish is another beauty :)

JJM said...

I know you love numbers, and have had fun working this top out to perfection. And your hours spent on this top show up on this piece for sure.

And i see your pretty dish cloth reflects the diagonals of the quilt top.

JJM

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your triangles. I have some but I am triangle challenged lol
Nice dishcloth. I started a brown solid one

Needled Mom said...

Those triangles are just spectacular. I can see that your hands are never idle!