Saturday, April 30, 2022

Second April finish............


Finished just in time to be included in April is this Economy Block quilt made with Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics.  When I started making these blocks I had no idea I would be using the Sharks Teeth print for sashing and binding.  I also never imagined I would be using the pink pencil print for the border.  They all work so well together.


This quilt ended up 64" x 80", a nice big throw quilt.  It could be used as an extra cover on a bed but doesn't have enough drop on sides or end for even a twin bed.

The backing is a Martha Negley print, such a large print that it would be hard to use it cut up in little pieces.

I'm finishing up sewing the 6" triangles for my all triangle quilt top so that will be ready for my monthly recap tomorrow.

 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely finish--wow--two in April and they are big ones!!
good work!!
I have a really hard time cutting into some of my fabrics--but then, what in the world am i saving them for? :((( hugs, Julierose

cityquilter grace said...

just gorgeous...esp the shark teeth and pencil print border...omg i just love kaffe fabrics!

Needled Mom said...

Every aspect of this quilt is perfect, Wanda. That pencil fabric is so fun!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilt is lovely and a great finish and way to end April.

JJM said...

Was happy you posted twice today and to see your economy block quilt finished and glowing with fantastic fabrics. It really is another of your creative pieces that takes my breath away.

Pretty daffodils to bring inside for some spring time cheer. We had the coldest April in 70 years. And I think IL. had a cool April also, doesn’t sound like May is going to be much better with the predictions we are hearing.

Looking forward to see what you do next on the triangle squares.

JJM

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it turned out really great! the fabrics all really tie in together well

sewyouquilt2 said...

Wow two in one month. You go girl. Love it

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats looks great

patty a. said...

Fabulous finish!

Vicki W said...

Wow, you were so busy while I was away! I love this quilt! What are you doing with all of these finishes? I imagine closets full of quilts at your house but I know you have a very large family to share with.

Terre said...

I find myself returning to this post to revisit the Economy Block quilt. There's something about the colors, the layout, the fabrics that make me to very happy when I look at it. So much positive energy! Thanks for sharing it with us.