Friday, April 15, 2022

Sewn, not pressed...........


The last 4 seams are sewn but it was too late to take it to the ironing table.  That is today's job.






I knew I had a box with black and white 6.5" squares in it somewhere.  I found it yesterday.  It's hard to see here but there are 4 stacks of 10 squares and 3 extra of the white design on the top, 43 total.  In the box with the yardage there were some partial width of fabric strips that are 6.5" wide so I can cut some more squares.  I am thinking about making a quilt of all squares alternating light and dark.  I'll make up my mind for sure when I start cutting the fabrics for the other 3 quilts.  I also found a pile of 5" strips.  I think I might have cut them to use with one of my accuquilt dies but I sure don't remember which one I had in mind.


In the box under the b&w squares were an assortment of colors of batiks, also 6.5" squares.  134 of them.






I'm going to declare this orange cactus bloom as the very last one of the fall/winter/spring season of blooming.  I don't see any more buds on any of my 15 plants.



My Forsythia bush in the back yard is a scrawny thing.  I think it is going to get severely trimmed when it gets warm enough to work outside.  There is a volunteer started from this bush that I'm going to dig out because it is right in front of the kitchen window.


In the back garden between rows of Peonies there is a row of Jonquils.  It will be awhile before I see buds on them.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

that orange cactus gave you a lovely show this year!! Such a pretty one.
Our forsythias around here are so brilliant this year...surprising as we are in a rain deficit...they really light up our street...mine along our western boundary are very scrawny though..we will cut them back for next year also...
Hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Your headline made me think of James Bond, "Shaken, not stirred". I guess I did not have enough coffee yet. All kinds of potential with those fabric squares! Still chilly here,but things are sprouting up.

JJM said...

Good to see your 16 patch ready for pressing. And finding more black ‘n whites plus a bonus of your assortment of mottled pieces. Fun ahead for you…

We woke up to 2” of new snow and it’s cold…. But the track meet for the kids was NOT canceled. The coaches said it’s up to the parents whether to let them compete or not. Crazy 1

JJM

Needled Mom said...

You have a never ending source of projects hidden away. Spring is definitely arriving there.