Sunday, April 17, 2022

Finished top and other things............


The mottled batik 16 patch quilt top has been pressed and photographed.  It is 56.5" x 72".  I considered adding a border but changed my mind as I like it just like it is.

I found a large enough  piece of mottled batik for backing that is a mossy green with red-purple splotches. 


While looking through my batik yardage I found a piece large enough for the back of the pastel batik 16 patch.







I sewed side borders on the piece I showed a few days ago.  I cut and pressed the backing fabric and pieced some batting and trimmed it to size.










Here is a close up of some of the fabrics.  This type was very popular in the early 1990s.






Here are some from the opposite edge.








My friend Anne of the Agilejack blog and I did a little trade of fabric and she included these 2 key fobs in my package.  I don't like fiddling with hardware on projects so I was so happy to get these.  Aren't they pretty?  She also makes pouches, tote bags and quilts so check out her blog.


For those of you who use Blogger who haven't figured out how to get rid of the big space at the bottom of your post, just scroll to the bottom and put your curser there and then hit backspace until your curser is right under your last entry of photo or words.  This post would have had a 3" blank area on the bottom if I didn't do that.

Happy Easter to all that celebrate it.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Easter, Wanda!

Julierose said...

Happy Easter to you, Wanda!:)))
What beautiful projects...i love that low volume one...hugs, Julierose

DianeN said...

My goodness! The grass sure hasn't been growing underneath your feet with all you have accomplished. I hope you have a very Happy Easter Day, Wanda.

Mary said...

Happy Easter, Wanda and thanks for the introduction of Agilejack. I will be adding her to my list of regular visits.

Anne Ibach said...

Oh man! I do love that mottled batik 16 patch! the colors and how they change are so amazing! You're making me want to make another 16-patch.

And thanks for the trade Wanda! You are very generous!

JJM said...

Such a lovely post today Wanda… it has the grace of our Easter Day. . . Fun key bobs from your friend…. I’m going to Joann’s tomorrow and think I will look for the hardware. (*._.*)

JJM

patty a. said...

That backing for the pastel quilt is so pretty! Sounds like you are getting projects lined up for quilting! Those key fobs are so nice. I might have to make a few of those!

Vicki W said...

You are ready for some serious quilting time! I hope you had a lovely Easter.