Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Previous black and white quilts.............


I have made a few black and white quilts/quilt tops in the past.  This Trip Around the World is all batiks.









This Strips and Curves is made with regular quilting cottons.  Some of the pieces are cut out of strip piecing made with 1" finished strips.







I started out with a Maple Island pattern for this quilt but didn't do the border like the pattern.

I have a love/hate relationship with all black and white quilts and that is because I love color so much.

I have figured out 3 quilts that I'm going to cut from the black and white batiks I showed yesterday.  A fourth one will be cut too as soon as I decide on a pattern and it will have color added.





 

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Your Strips and Curves quilt is stunning! I can’t recall ever making a completely b&w quilt but they can be very striking as seen here by the queen of color ;-)

Julierose said...

I also think the strips and curves is just lovely!! It is difficult to limit to just B&W as the colors these days are so enticing!:)))
Hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

That's a Maple Island pattern I don't have. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. Strips and Curves is spectacular!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It makes me laugh to see your black and white quilts as you are the queen of color. I have made some black and whites, but I have to insert colors. Great quilts!

Mary said...

I've collected some black and white fabrics but never had the courage to make a totally black and white quilt. It will be fun watching your process.

patty a. said...

All three are so beautiful; Strips and curves is my favorite. I need to get my B&W quilt back out and get it quilted. There never seems to be enough time in a day!

JJM said...

Your Black ‘n Whites are fun to look at; each pattern is so intriguing. Looking forward to see yet more intricate patterns you will be creating.

JJM

Kristin said...

I love your B&W quilts! The second one is especially stunning, and I think it belongs in a museum. All the different fabrics and strong contrasts make it very intriguing - a work of modern art.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm with you on two color quilts (black and white or blue and white or even blue and yellow). I always end up wanting to add something else to the mix no matter how scrappy the project. Good luck with the ones you are planning now (and I love that you are including one with color added).

O'Quilts said...

Strips and Curves a stunning prize winner xo