Sunday, April 10, 2022

Mottled 16 patch blocks...........


I had a couple favorite strip sets and this is one of them.  I love the multicolor mottled fabrics but they don't work in blocks where you need the color consistent.





This is the other one that I like so well.  The lightest fabric in this one is from a long time ago.






This is one each of the blocks made from those strip sets.  This quilt is going to be mostly dark and medium with very little light fabric.


Here is one each from all 10 of the combinations I sewed the last 2 days.






There are 38 blocks sewn so far, 2 from each strip set so this photo is one of each from the 19 strip sets. The other block from each pair isn't an exact match because the mottles change a lot in the width of the fabric.


This is the first tiny Lenten Rose bloom.  This is the first year for the plants so the whole plant is really small, only about 6" tall.  The buds were burgundy so I was surprised the bloom was partially pale green inside.  The other 2 plants have one shoot coming up on each and I don't know if they will have buds or not.  We are starting a 4 day warm spell today so I hope to see more growth.  There was actually a spattering of snow on the ground in the back yard yesterday morning.

 

6 comments:

Peggy said...

I just love the colors of this 16 patch quilt! So yummy ❤️

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful fabric and it is so wonderful when the flowers start to bloom and you know the warmer weather is coming

JJM said...

I always enjoy seeing your progression photos, these mottled fabrics are magical.

When your weather gets warm ours goes back to some winter…. Such a pretty little blossom.

JJM

Julierose said...

I just love those mottled fabrics--just so ethereal looking...beautiful blocks with them.
Your Lenten Rose is so delicate and pretty..
Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

I am so happy to see that flower. I don't know how old those plants were, but usually by year three they will get two or three flowers. Next year you ought to get more. I will have to take some pictures of mine. My 10+ year old plants are loaded with flowers.

Mystic Quilter said...

What a collection of mottled batiks, the blocks are looking splendid.