Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Half of a quilt on the design wall................


First is the view of the 27 blocks (one block from each pair) that were sewn as of Monday.













These are the new blocks I sewed last night.  They are all fabrics that have been used in the first group of blocks but paired with a different fabric this time.





And here is a shot of 32 blocks, half of the 63 needed for a 7 x 9 layout of the quilt.  I'm building it sideways on the design wall because that is the only way it will fit.  I will spend a little time this morning moving blocks around and then build the second half of the quilt top.




The Lungwort plants that are closest to the house and were sheltered by leaves and snow have the first blooms.  Lots more Lungwort plants are coming up in the rest of the garden now too.



The first Hosta peeked out of the ground in the front garden.  I think this is the one that is mostly yellow in the early part of the summer.





The tiny plants that mysteriously showed up in the grass a couple years ago are back.  They are on the edge of the area that was dug out last year with my landscaping project so I wasn't sure they would survive.







The earliest peonies have really shot up with the 2 warm days we have had.  One more warm day today and then storms and cooler.



 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Your plants are really coming into their own right now--how exciting!!
I really like your idea of different pairings for the fabrics--the piece is really looking good nice work hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the little flower is a Scilla? They are white and pink as well as the more usual blues and get carried around by rodents sometimes.

ceci

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always nice seeing all the new plants come up isn't it - we had a late frost about 3 weeks ago and it damaged the blossoms on the red bud trees and I had hardly any blossoms on them but they are now leafing out - I noticed the other day when driving to the store that all the areas I remember with redbud trees that few had very many blossoms on them

patty a. said...

The colors in that 16 patch are so rich looking.

JJM said...

You made my day ~ your mottled 16 patch quilt top is beautiful even at this stage.

Nice garden tour, which brings to mind that old nursery rhyme
Mary, Mary quite contrary
How does your garden grow
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maids in a row.

(*._.*). JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Loving all the colors in the blocks. Rich and juicy. Daffodils opened here but the rabbits are proving voracious to the tulips. Out to buy some spray.

Nann said...

Do you worry about / fuss with "two fabrics touching" with adjacent blocks?

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice quilt...again! Colors do get a lot of credit, but the values are what makes this one pop!
By the way, I brought my potted (for the winter) lungwort in from the dark garage and it is now over a foot tall and blooming like crazy. I put it in a bright spot without direct sunlight and water it when it gets dry. We had -11C and even more snow this week, so it would not survive outside. At least the silly thing is being enjoyed now!!

Anne Ibach said...

I just love this 16 patch. Those mottled batiks and the colors make such a wonder effect. I can't wait to see this done!

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks are so pretty. I’ll bet you are eager to see the growth in your new flower beds this year. It won’t be long now.