Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Here we go again............


This is a scene of mid-April in north eastern Illinois.  My neighbor mowed his grass wearing shorts (48 degrees) on Sunday and overnight into Monday this happened.




There is a dove and a bunny in this photo, hard to see when everything is white, gray and black.  They are cleaning up under the bird feeders.





Inside where it was warm and toasty I tackled my 3 tier triangle storage container.  Since it is in an awkward place at the end of my longarm I usually just toss everything into the top tier even though the bottom 2 tiers are partially sorted.


After going through and sorting everything in the top tier I organized all 3.  This is the bottom tier, all 2" finished, both triangles and squares.





The middle tier is an assorted group all labeled now.







The top tier will continue to be a catchall for assorted odd pieces plus any triangles I need to quickly have a home for.  Organizing will get done when I need a certain size of triangle for a project.



All of these batik triangles got pulled out  of that 3 tier box.  I decided it would be good mindless sewing last night while I watched the 2 NCIS shows.




There are 2", 4" and 6" finished size triangles in that assortment so last night I sewed the 4".  I would like to make another quilt top something like one I made back in 2016.

 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

We had over 1" of rain and very high winds last night; they woke me up a few times rattling the house!!
I found a small Ojos piece I had made (Before the back went out-BTBWO!!) and hope to layer it up for some hand quilting. I am dying to get back to my machine--but am being good--so far...hugs Julierose

Sally Langston Warren said...

It’s funny how you were working on that quilt with the pieced triangles about this same time in 2016 (April 14). We haven’t had snow (Charleston, SC) but we have had variable weather ranging from the upper 30s to low 80s recently. This week it will be in the 48-82 range, mostly in the mid-70s. I am enjoying it!

patty a. said...

At least the snow is not going to last long and there isn't enough to bother shovel. Isn't it fun to be able to make a fabulous quilt out of leftover triangle bits? To turn a bunch of little bits into a beautiful, useful item is so cool.

Mary said...

I remember when you were working on that triangle quilt. It will be fun to see how this one develops.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hopefully that will be the last of the cold - the weather said last night would be 36 but it was 42 when I got up I'm glad it didn't get as cold as it said it would

Nann said...

Snow for us, to -- but melted by noon. Still gloomy. You inspired me to make 1,000 3.5" batik HSTs a couple of years ago. Maybe you'll inspire me to get them out and design something!

Lesley Gilbert said...

I'm happy to say I've hardly seen any snow this year. We've had some warm sunshine the past 3 days and I finally bought a few plants today. They've now been watered and putting in my tubs/planters tomorrow. My hat knitting frenzy is still ongoing but I really should be sewing again :)

Vicki W said...

Your 2016 quilt is one of the ideas that I had in mind for my HST scraps. I expect that one I finish the one that I'm doing that I'll have plenty of HSTs to do your version too!

JJM said...

Living “Up North” ~ of course we have snow in April ! What a great job you did organizing your 3 tier storage container.

JJM