Thursday, December 20, 2007

Strips that Sizzle

I was looking through old photos for more Easy Pieces quilts and didn't find any but I found a couple more of the Strips that Sizzle, which is also a technique designed by Margaret J. Miller. This first one I donated to the non-credit education office at our local community college. I started the quilting program in 1984 and taught for them for 15 years. I was so appreciative of all of the hard work of the department to find locations for the classes (usually H.S. home ec. rooms) and to continue to support me as a teacher. They had just moved to a new building and had lots of empty walls. This star was one of my favorite layouts and worked well for the students that didn't want to play forever with layouts.
This is a closeup of some of the fabrics in the top quilt and in the star on the right.

3 comments:

meggie said...

When I see the closeup pics of the fabrics, I see you have SUCH a good eye for fabrics that will go together with perfect effect.
Love all these quilts.

Joyce said...

I love the start design. I can see some strip piecing in my near future.

TB said...

Very nice. You certainly put values to good use! Lovely. I'm still amazed as to how many quilt tops and finished quilts you keep pulling from your archives! What a treat for us to watch.