Friday, April 5, 2024

Still organizing.....or was I playing with stash...............


I'm still moving things around in the basement and I came across a selection of darks and lights and decided to expand on it and add reds.  I have used 20 of these fabrics in 2 other quilts and added 17 more for variety.




These are the 2 quilts with 20 of those fabrics plus more that are gone now.  I gifted the quilt on the left but still have the one on the right so I could match up fabrics in my stash.  I have an idea percolating for the next quilt.

Last night I sewed strip sets for the 9 patch quilt.  This is the first set of 6.













And here is the second set of 6.  I'll get these pressed today and cut the segments for the 9 patches.  I'm not sure all of these will end up in the work in progress on the design wall.  I'll only know when I get them up on the wall.
 

9 comments:

Mary said...

I've decided organizing fabrics is an on-going process for quilters and I look forward to seeing the idea you have percolating.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Loving the new fabric pull/color palette! I have used several of the fabrics in that group. Organizing a little along helps keep the chaos at bay - that's my motto.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love black/white & red combos

JJM said...

9 Patch Combinations look so good ~ especially the purple violet group. And Always fun to see some quilts from your past.

JJM

Nann said...

Red/black/gray is always striking. Organizing leads to new combinations. Sunshine today, hoorah!

Julierose said...

Red/black/gray/whites--what a lovely combination in your two quilts;)))
Only 35 this morning with that cold NW wind persisting here...feels like February and not April!! hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Your red/white/black quilts are wonderful and aren't you glad you have more of those fabrics to play with?

The Rainbow 9 Patch quilt is rapidly becoming one of my favorite, but then I'm partial to rainbows.

Organizing is another kind of progress. Hope that thought. :)

Hugs!

Patty said...

The red punch’s up the volume! Today we had rain, hail, graupel, snow, sleet, sunshine and blowing snow! This is crazy weather!

Linda Swanekamp said...

All wonderful ideas, so it doesn't matter if it is organizing or playing.