Monday, April 29, 2024

A good sewing day..............

We really didn't get much rain yesterday except in the early morning but I had decided I was going to sew since the end of the month is creeping up and I have my self imposed quotas to fill.  I finished the binding on Charley in the Forest in the late afternoon.


Next I cut the setting triangles for my 1996 quilt.  I need to cut 2 more of them and also the corner triangles today.








After that I cut the binding for this star quilt and got it all finished by machine.





There was still a half hour left of the third TV program last night so I started sewing the diagonal rows on this quilt.




Today I'll hang the finished quilts on my double design wall in the basement and take photos.  There are 2 NCIS shows on tonight so I'll keep sewing diagonal rows while I watch them.
 

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilts look great!. I have not gotten much into the Hawaii NCIC I might try it again.

patty a. said...

Two more quilts done and a top almost done - you are doing great!

Nann said...

I look forward to seeing your April gallery.

JJM said...

Good rainy day progress for you yesterday. We too have had a misty sprinkle of rainy days and forecasts more for the week. June is usually our rainy month but the seasons are changing so much anymore.

JJM

Mary said...

You really did get a lot accomplished. I hope you meet your quota!

Julierose said...

What a productive day for you;))) Yay for the Charley finish!! And the Star quilt is so beautiful. Cutting setting triangles for diagonal set quilt blocks always is difficult for me...actually I've only ever done one that way...
73.8 degrees here!! WOW--"Sumer is a comin' in.." here for sure..thankfully a few high clouds are blowing in on a bit of a cooler breeze...We had our coffee out on the deck after our walk this morning--how lovely;)))

Barbara Anne said...

How wonderful to have finished the Charlie quilt and are ready to bind the Star quilt. Have you chosen binding fabric yet or are you mulling over which fabric to select?

Won't your 1996 quilt be a delight when it's all put together? Will you add borders or is that decision up in the air?

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Charlie has turned into a very pretty (handsome!) boy! The binding is perfect I like that Friendship Star, too. You had a very productive day

Linda Swanekamp said...

Some really great quilts in the pipeline!

Vicki W said...

What a great finish to April! Two more quilts done!

sue s said...

I love the Charlie quilt! Have you added a hashtag anywhere for Kaffe? I had a friend do that with hers and she got a response from their group!