Tuesday, April 16, 2024

A finish for April 2024...............


Brown Bear Paw is finished.  I made the decision to use the border fabric for the binding and it is all finished by machine.  It is 68" x 82".

This will be a raffle quilt to raise money for Prader-Willi syndrome  which my youngest granddaughter's first child was born with.  It is very rare and most of us had never heard of it.  She is organizing a fund raising walk in mid-May and is including several raffles.


Here is the spectacular back.  Having a stash is so wonderful.  I had all 3 of these fabrics, no shopping required.











Cable crashed last night a few minutes before 9 p.m., no internet, no TV.  It didn't come back on until 10:20 so I started sewing the little 3" nine patches.  I don't think I'll make a lot of them so they will either be a small project or go into the batik orphan block box and someday get used as filler blocks to make everything fit together.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will raffle tickets be sold on line, I wonder?

C

Cherie Moore said...

I love the backing, especially the circle-y fabric used for the borders and binding…..beautiful. I work for a basic science research department at Washington Univ. in St Louis and know how expensive research is and rare diseases have so little funding. It’s wonderful your granddaughter is organizing a fundraiser.

Julierose said...

Beautiful Bear Paws--front and back!!";))) Love those elephant and whirls fabrics...they are so perfect for this quilt...a "two-fer" for sure!!

56 here today and yesterday it went up to 71--we were able to sit on our deck for the first time this year--so nice...hoping for more of the same today before the rains return in the rest of the week...An Orphan box is a good idea...I have a few ongoing...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had never heard of that syndrome and had to look it up. I'm so sorry your great grandchild is affect by it. There are so many diseases that a lot of us never hear about until someone post and then you have to look it up to see what it is. I hope the quilt can raise a lot of money for research it turned out beautiful

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out wonderful and I hope it raises lots of money.

JJM said...

SPECTACULAR both front and back, Wanda. It is one gorgeous quilt to be gifted for the fund raising event, and should raise a lot of money. My heart goes out to your great granddaughter.

Only you would stitch such pretty and tiny little 9 patches. I’m sure it was some tedious stitching.

JJM

Nann said...

YAY!!!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Simply stunning - whoever brings that home will have a treasure.

Barbara Anne said...

I hope there is fierce bidding for your beautiful quilt and for the other items being raffled next month.

Cooler at 76*F today and last night brought an impressive thunder/lightening rain storm through here but the power stayed on, so that was appreciated.

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful and I think it will have a lot of general appeal to generate more money!

Sally Langston Warren said...

It always amazes me how blocks of the same pattern can look so different depending on the values of the fabrics used. Your quilt top, with all the different fabric combos, almost looks like a sampler!