Tuesday, April 23, 2024

A quilt top for April.................


I really like this quilt top, but then I like all of the quilt tops I have made with these neutral color batiks.

This one is 55.5" x 72".  The next one which will use the rest of the blocks will be larger.











Here are 3 of the others made with most of the same fabrics and a few different in each quilt.  Unfortunately the lighting on the one on the right is bad and I sold it so I can't take another photo.


I mowed grass for a half hour and then went to the garden center and got some plants so I didn't get anything else cut to sew last night.  I just continued with the 3" 9 patches since they were already paired and still on my sewing cabinet.  It got up to 65 yesterday but Wednesday is supposed to be in the 40s.  I'll keep my new plants in the garage for a couple weeks.  I have 5 windows in there so they will get plenty of light.

12 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

great accomplishment on the quilts,our weather turned unusually cool in the mornings as well ,not cold enough to turn the heat on but cool enough to pull the flannel quilt back out🤣

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is supposed to get in the 20s here in a couple of days, so I worry about plants. One of the local nurseries starts on the 26th selling starter perennials cheap, 4 to a pack. I usually buy some and baby them until Memorial Day. The quilts in that palette are very comforting looking. I hope to tackle some sewing but have a family houseguest coming for a few days. Love those little nine patches.

Mary said...

I had forgotten how many neutral quilts you have made! Garden centers are such a temptation this time of year. One I visited recently was filled with butter flies.

Nann said...

Nice!! I succumbed to checkout line temptation and bought two clematis at Aldi...they may grow if I plant them.

Julierose said...

Loving your neutral batik quilts, Wanda!! So pretty and calming--and very apropos of our Spring weather this year;)))
55 here now, but still feeling the chill of our breezes off the water...maybe we can sit out at noon for a bit in the sun--hope to take my hand stitching and do a few lines in the fresh air--it is so much easier to "see" out in that bright light...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Well done! Such a comfortable looking quilt top, yet so elegant.

JJM said...

You really have shown off the blending of so many shades of your neutrals in all of your quilts showed today. A delight to see.

We have not had to mow our lawn yet but soon as we turn on our irrigation. Its beginning to feel like too much yard work to do in the spring for a couple old duffers.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

These 4 neutral quilts are just wonderful! You certainly have a good eye for putting fabrics together.

Might your wee purple 9 Patches become the centers for a larger block?

DH has mowed once so far.

Hugs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neutral quilts can be fantastic! Have fun planting - I just got the tomatoes and peppers in the ground and strawberries picked been a busy first half of the day.

Patty said...

I like the bits of blue in the neutral top. They add a bit of sparkle.

Vicki W said...

I love quilts in this palette of colors!

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like your block setting with the colour mix, also a good size.