Sunday, April 21, 2024

63 blocks on the design wall..............


I sorted the 174 blocks into matching blocks and couldn't find 63 different ones so there are a few duplicates in this layout.  After I took this photo I sewed the top together but didn't finish until almost 11 p.m. last night so I'll get it pressed some time today and post it tomorrow.

We were in the freeze warning area last night so I'm hoping the Redbud blossoms can withstand the cold.  It usually gets the coldest around 4 a.m.

 

7 comments:

Mary said...

It really cooled down here too, but nowhere near as cool as where you are. We got .98 inches rain in our gauge too. You certainly turned those saved up blocks into a top in short order!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we have been cool enough to turn the heat back on for a couple days. I hope your tree is ok.
That is a lot of patchwork

Nann said...

I was at an event all day yesterday. The building entrance was on the west side and when we went out the northwest wind was COLD!

Your sixteen-patch blocks are always an inspiration. There's something about the slight asymmetry that catches the eye.

JJM said...

Your speed always amazes me… to get it laid out and stitched is good day. I like the gray/neutral tones this one has.

JJM

Patty said...

The top is good looking and mellow. No one would be looking for duplicate blocks. My furnace kicked on once early this morning and I have it set to 60 so it was cool here too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Block arrangement is wonderful. The variety sparkles. It will look great sewn up.

Vicki W said...

Very nice!