Saturday, April 6, 2024

17 blocks added...............


The 17 new blocks made in the last couple days have been added to the design wall.  There will be some rearranging as I get the last 21 blocks made.  Some of these blocks might not make the final cut.







I was outside looking around late yesterday afternoon and noticed this Hosta in the front garden.  I was surprised how big it was since I hadn't seen any other Hostas up yet.



I checked the back garden where I have lots of Hostas and found one more coming up.






On the other side of the porch I found at least 2 Columbines growing.  I couldn't tell whether there was a third one in the back or just another part of the larger one back there.  I had planted several Columbines in this area and I thought 2 of them had died.  Maybe one still had a live root ball.





The Sedum plants are getting big and I haven't cleaned out the old flower stalks yet.  Next week is supposed to be in the 60s for several days so I need to get out there and get busy.  I have 7 Sedum plants in the 2 front gardens.


Around the ide of the house are plants with tiny purple flowers and several dandelions.  I pulled out some big weeds while the ground was still soft from the rain this week.




The Lungwort/Pulmonaria plants continue to grow and bloom in the back garden.  I still haven't raked any leaves back there and will need to wait until it dries up a little now.

 

6 comments:

Mary said...

Your nine patch collection is shaping up nicely. Isn't it great to see signs of spring in your flower beds!

Julierose said...

The colorwash effect with the 9-patches is really lovely--nice work ;))))
Your sedum is looking really healthy and those hostas are coming right up!!
the deer ate my hostas so another "no-no" plant for us here...Mostly just daffodils and marigolds can withstand those "dessert-seeking" deer!!:000
38 and partly cloudy here this morning--still feels a lot colder than the temperature would seem...Hope you have a great weekend...
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Your blocks head toward the sun the way the plants do. Nice to have sunshine again!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am amazed at the growth of some plants this year. My Weeping Cherry Tree has yet to get leafs or blossoms on it and last year it had flowered already at this point but it is very slow this year - it is now developing buds so I know it is alive
Better to have extra patchwork to make your design with gives you plenty to chose from

Barbara Anne said...

Again, love this 9 Patch!

It's been too wet and chilly to stroll around the front and back yards to see what's popped up but next week may be warmer. Or not.

I should be piecing a backing so I'd better do it.

Hugs!

Patty said...

The 9 patch top is growing! So pretty! We had sunshine today! Woohoo! The wind was still chilly, but at least no rain or snow or hail! Your gardens are certainly coming to life. Looking thru the window in my lower level studio I’m looking at almost ground level and the grass is getting a bit crazy. It’s going to need mowed soon.