Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Lots of 9 patches..................

I pressed 10 strips sets that I sewed Sunday night and cut them for 9 patches and chose 7 more sets to sew.



That pile of 9 patches pieces is enough for 40 blocks and sewing them kept my hands off the Easter chocolate that I bought at half price yesterday.








I got all 40 of them sewn while watching the NCIS programs on TV.  Today they will be pressed and 10 of them will go up on the design wall, the other 30 are for another quilt.





I only got 4 of the 7 new sets sewn.

My mind is going 100 mph thinking about what I will sew this month now that my monthly recap is published. It's good that I have this project to work on.  

It rained off and on yesterday and accumulating snow is predicted for Wednesday.  Sounds like good sewing weather.

7 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

I use to sew in front of the TV,maybe I need to try that again lol! great progress on your blocks! we've got rain so might as well sew, right ? lol

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh no more snow for you! We actually have two nights this week for the upper 30's I have tomato plants and a few others out on the porch to get used to the outside temps and glad I didn't plant in the ground they will be coming back in those nights.

JJM said...

Thats a marathon of pressing and sewing ! And what wonderful combinations you’ve created once again.

JJM

Nann said...

Nine patch inspiration! I read an article recently about how to fall asleep. The author advised not to think about problems/to-dos/etc. but to "tell yourself a story." I've found that mentally designing a quilt is that story for me....as long as it doesn't rev me up to 100mph!

Julierose said...

Loving all those blue 9-patches...
45 but feeling still wintry here this morning when I went and did early a.m. food shopping...making a core-warming meatloaf for dinner today....
hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

What wonderful 9 Patch blocks and I look forward to seeing some of them on the design wall

You make me wish I could move my Bernina into our TV room!

77*F here today but it feels damp as if the coming rain will arrived today instead of late tonight to continue tomorrow and tomorrow night. Then we'll have several nights back in the 30s*F.

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That price cut Easter candy would be irresistible, but fortunately I didn't buy any! LOL
I love nine patches and yours are already looking pretty.