Monday, April 8, 2024

Decisions, decisions................


My plan from the beginning was to make this quilt 9 blocks wide by 12 blocks tall because I think that would be a well proportioned rectangle.  As I get closer to the end I may have changed my mind.

This is currently missing 11 blocks.




(Better lighting on this photo; I remembered to turn on my auxilliary light.)

I rearranged the bottom area shortening the layout to 11 rows tall.  This makes the rectangle only 9" longer than it is wide.  I just don't think more blue and purple at the bottom would do anything to enhance the design.  The only other way to fix that would be to design more blocks across the top or the middle to get that extra row.  As I type this post that doesn't appeal to me.  Stay tuned for my decision, maybe today, maybe tomorrow.


My friend who came to get some quilts yesterday came bearing gifts.  She and I both share a love for yellow.  I can't wait to use the lemon scented hand soap.








Wow, look at that label.  It won't keep me from using this towel though; it is so pretty.






Also in the gift bag was a garden tool, too pretty to use, but I will use it and smile every time I pick it up.  I might actually keep this one washed off after every use.


 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your decision. There was a quilt I regret not shortening, but it was all sewn together. Hopefully it will have a king size bed someday! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love it. Anything you do or don't do will be fabulous

Mary said...

Your friend certainly made some thoughtful choices in her gifts. I also am considering a change in on of my projects. Sometimes we have to do that.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the quilt arrangement - the color is great. Wonderful gifts from your friend

Anonymous said...

Yes haha always wash it. However , use it in love for those flowers . Garden season is upon us. Chips and dirt will give it character!

Anonymous said...

Not sure why I’m anonymous on here.. but I’ll sign Turb Leene

Julierose said...

What a gorgeous quilt you are sewing--those colors just sing;)))
Lovely gifts you've received;)))

40 this morning as I drove off to do the weekly marketing...not quite so chilly as the winds have died down finally!!

I am sewing up little 1.5" squares into "5 by 5's" just to get some "sew-jo" back...and trying out some free form pineapples...just for fun--onto the old scrappy wagon again --where is it leading? I don't know yet...
hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

9 Patch Passion ! Just lovely to say the least. And such charming gardening gifts. From digging in the dirt to washing it off.

JJM

Nann said...

I think the proportions are just right -- anything more will throw off the color balance (or imbalance). What a nice gift!

Anonymous said...

I’m thinking of you this afternoon and wishing you well, Wanda. Hope you are delighting in quilting. Thanks for your creative inspirations daily!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was by Marnie Haines

Barbara Anne said...

Your Rainbow 9 Patch will be delicious no matter what you decide because each block's colors are so wonderfully rich.

What perfect gifts your friend chose as her 'thank you' gifts for you in appreciation for the gift of your quilt(s?).

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I hate it when I'm just so tired of looking at what I'm doing I want to throw it in the trash! I more than understand. But your blocks are all so pretty, and they make such a pleasing whole. I have confidence you will find the perfect solution.

Vicki W said...

No matter what you do that quilt is going to be so cool.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Who knew gardening could be such a fashion statement? Love the colorwash blocks. Such clear, fresh colors!

Patty said...

I don’t think you can go wrong with any direction you decide to go with on the 9 patch block. What lovely, useful gifts your friend gave you!