Saturday, April 27, 2024

Another round of squares.............


I cut one more group of squares to add to my 1996 project.  It is the same fabric that is used in the center 9 patches.  I think I have enough of the lightest fabric to cut setting triangles and then I can sew this together.


Another 110" is hand stitched on the Charley quilt.  There is only 108" left to stitch.  I may spread that over 2 days.





The last 2 cacti buds are finally blooming.  I think I can safely say these really are the last blooms.





The Redbuds are in full bloom and now the rain will probably knock a lot of the petals to the ground.  We got a little over a half inch of rain yesterday by 7:30 p.m.  It rained again after dark and more rain predicted for late today and tomorrow and 80 degrees.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Great that you are making progress on Charley quilt; your 1996 project is looking really good--really pretty wip;)))
52 here at 8 am--supposed to really warm up today and tomorrow...the riff-raff growing in our dingle is bright green this morning!! And our trees are all budding out...when we next have rain I think we'll start to see some leaves...
Ah Spring!! It's been a long time coming this year...
Hope your weekend is great...hugs, Julierose ;)))

Nann said...

I have come across patterns for that 'blooming nine patch' idea (Blanche Young popularized it ages ago) -- but I haven't make one. Yet. Yes, much warmer today!

Mary said...

The 1996 project is beautiful. I'm impressed, but not surprised, that you could still find all the fabrics.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are in the storm area today aren't you - if so those redbud blossoms will be falling I bet.
I love those brown colors in the first quilt

JJM said...

I too love your design and fabrics from 1996 …. And so glad you’re on your way to finish this top, it’s such a beauty.

And hours of hand stitching on Charley in the Forest your day just melts away.

JJM

pbj fiber marietta said...

Love the colors in this quilt and the arrangement! It's one of those "just get it done quilts" ... great job!

Barbara Anne said...

Your 1996 project is coming along beautifully and those black fabrics compliment the rest of the fabrics perfectly! My mother always said that every room needs a little black in it somewhere.

And only 108" to go on Charlie's binding! Sweet!!

Love your redbud! Ours died a couple of years ago and we suspect the roots drowned because of a leaky water pipe nearby. That's fixed, but too late for the redbud.

Hugs!

Patty said...

The fabric for the latest pieces you added to the 1996 quilt are great! The striped effect livens the top up perfectly! The Charley quilt must be a big one. You’re halfway done with the binding. Yeah!