Friday, April 12, 2024

Easy way out..............


There were enough pieces in that stack I showed yesterday to make 15 blocks.  I could spend hours trying to make something more spectacular but I think I'll take the easy way out and use this layout.  I think the blocks will be10" so this would be 30" x 50".  It would be a nice play mat size for a small child.  I have to move a few pieces to new locations so I'm not sure when I'll sew it together....quick decision and quick sewing or a couple days of moving pieces around.  The wall hanging I made 13 years ago from the rest of the pieces is on this post.  That post also tells about the fabric selection.  There are 36 blocks in that wall hanging so I used more than half of the die cut pieces in it.

8 comments:

Pat A said...


I love the graphic nature of these.

I'm curious about how you cut these. Did you use a tool? Can you tell me what it was?

Helenchaffin said...

This is an interesting block, I luv it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks good as it is!

JJM said...

Immaculate stitching around those circles Wanda . And your ‘Lunar Revolution’ back in the day takes my breath away. A treat to see both of pieces.

JJM

Julierose said...

Such lovely blocks all together, Wanda--beautiful sewing; your curves are just perfect!!:)))
Still overcast here with even more rain coming this afternoon [54 degrees];
we had one HUGE clap of thunder during the night and our lights went out for just a couple minutes...with teeming rain...
Hoping for better weather tomorrow as we are going to my daughter's to bring her new lawnmower up...
hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Terrific! Sunshine and warm temps today.

Kristin said...

I love this new layout - so fun! You are really a master of design and color. I love your Lunar Revolution quilt, too.

Barbara Anne said...

Another quilt in progress that I love. I agree, why complicate the design when this one is just perfect?

Hugs!