Sunday, April 28, 2024

Inside and outside..............


I spent a lot of time outside yesterday but first, inside.

I hand sewed about 45" on the Charley in the Forest binding.

I trimmed the prints and solids star quilt.  The backing is 3 fabrics.  The one in the middle is a limey green with pink circles.  Since they are opposites on the color wheel I don't know how to describe the color with the mix.


I pulled some fabrics as possible binding.  I'm not opposed to having a light binding because this quilt will probably be for a young person and the darker fabrics may be too dark.



I have narrowed it down to three of the five fabrics I showed.  

Fabric #1






Fabric #2







Fabric #3.

I think any one of them will work so I just need to make a decision.






I forgot to take any photos while I was outside so I took this one from the kitchen window.

One of the garden centers had $15 pots planted with an assortment of annuals so I got 2 of them and put the contents in my hanging pots.  I just had to fill in around the plantings with a little dirt and they were ready to hang.  I'll get a better photo outside some day.



While outside I dug 3 coneflowers and 2 Lungwort and planted them in pots.  They will go to my granddaughter's house at the end of May.  I need to dig more but that was enough for one day.  I also did more cleanup in the front garden and dug out some dandelions.  I'm wondering if I'll be stiff and sore or if my body is adjusting to outside work. 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

First few days of gardening i am usually pretty stiff!! Take it easy out there!!
Pretty choices --I kinda like that 'Newspaper-y print", but they would all look good...
49 here and spotty rains under gray skies...damp and chilly...a good day for
inside stuff;))) hugs Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope you won't be sore from digging I do find I have to try to do less outside then I used to or I will be sore - so forcing myself to slow down when outside. I like all of those fabrics that you showed and any would go with it. I haven't even bought any ferns to hang yet. I can't believe the prices on those and how much they seem to go up every year or two. I used to buy hanging ferns for about $8 each and now they are around 14 or 15 but I want at least two so I will buy them they add color to the porch for six months at least and I like the way they look.

Nann said...

Thanks for showing all the fabric choices. I'm debating about backing fabric for a guild charity challenge and you've given me some ideas. I mowed yesterday -- rain overnight. Cloudy as I write this (8:30 a.m.).

JJM said...

Fabric binding choices was fun to see and getting some hand stitching done on ‘Charlie I T F’ and then to go outside and work in your gardens again. Quite a busy good day for you. And if you are not feeling sore today thats a plus at our age anymore. Love your heart hanger .

JJM










Barbara Anne said...

I like fabric #2 and I'll say I've only bound one quilt in a lighter fabric and it's bugged me to this day.

Have fun!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Any of those fabrics would work like you said. I love the mix of the three fabrics on the back. It makes both sides of the quilt interesting! I did a lot of cleaning and straightening up this weekend. I wonder how I will feel tomorrow. LOL! I hope you aren’t sore.

Patty said...

I forgot to type in pattythequiltlady. I guess I’m tired. LOL!