Wednesday, April 17, 2024

More tiny 9 patches............


I went through all of the piles of 1.5" squares and matched 5 dark/4 light for another batch of blocks.  In some there are 5 of the same fabric or 2 similar fabrics and others are 5 different fabrics that look good together.  The same is true of the groups of 4.







We had storm warnings last night which turned into nothing in my area so I sewed blocks.  This is 23 blocks, 8 of which were made the day before yesterday.  I haven't turned on the iron yet to press them.



The Redbud trees are pinking up quickly with all of the 70's and 80's the last few days.  Now we are going to cool down a little and only one night is going to be in the 30s if the predictions are correct.

8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

The red uds are beautiful! they are always a sure sign of Spring,great progress in the tiny 9 patch's ,I've got to get caught up on mine

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the redbuds are always so pretty and it sounds like your weather does the same thing warms up and then cool down and then over and over until it finally decides it is spring.

Mary said...

Your tiny nine patches are like little gemstones!

Julierose said...

Pretty little nine patch blocks--
55 here this morning and partly sunny with 4mph light breezes--still a bit chilly. I am doing my walk on the treadmill today as my back feels iffy...
so I get off and on to rest...hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

I've got a box of 3.5" batik 9ps underway, too. About 30 minutes ago an brief, intense downpour barreled through. Now the sun is out.

JJM said...

I can see the fun ahead creating with your ‘little 9 patches’. Your production line system always makes me smile .

Red Bud in all its glory ~ the blossoms of Spring are always so breathtaking.

JJM

patty a. said...

The trees are flowering here and it is so pretty. I don't think there as many blooms with the crazy repeated warm days then very cold days. I know my neighbor's magnolia tree dropped a lot of its buds.

Barbara Anne said...

Your red bud is lovely and ours is growing back from being run over. Sigh.

Love the baby 9 patches and their colorful fabrics. Delicious!!

Hugs!