Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Charley is home...................


Charley in the Forest came home yesterday, quilted and ready to be trimmed and bound.  The trees are upside down in this photo.





I got this Charley Harper fabric, enough or a backing, on sale at a good price and I just love it.  You will see the whole quilt in a week or so, depending on when I'm ready to do some hand stitching.



In last night's sewing session I got this top sewn together but it isn't pressed yet so I'll do that today and post its photo tomorrow.





Most corners matched pretty well and a few were a tiny bit off but not enough to take out and re-do.

I have some odds and ends to stitch tomorrow night, not a project but just pieces and parts.

Next I need to get the needle changed in my longarm and then quilt a few small to medium size quilt tops.

 

12 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, I too, love the backing fabric for your Charlie quilt and to get it for a good price…BONUS!

Julierose said...

Wow--good job getting that all sewn together!! Talk about matching corners--a whole lot in this one;)))
Charlie will be such a lovely piece all finished up now that it is quilted....
46 here and partly sunny this morning. Our grass is turning green now; and, we bought a new electric lawn mower for our daughter as part of her new house purchase gifts--bringing it up to her this Saturday...helping to get her set up as as new solo home owner...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the Charlie Harper fabric and that back is so great too

Nann said...

I credit my love of Charley Harper's art to you, Wanda! Your quilt is fabulous.

JJM said...

I so agree Charley Harpers wood peckers is a delight ! ! ! Perfect backing Wanda with your forest of trees. I don’t need to tell you that ~ but every quilt you create makes me smile. And marvel at your continual designing day after day.

And then theres your 9 Patch magic top completed 👌.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Super backing for that lovely quilt! The whole package will be great when all bound.

Barbara Anne said...

What a perfect fabric for the back of 'Charlie in the Forest' and all the better that you got it on sale!

Rainbow 9 Patch is coming along quickly (as you do!) and I look forward to seeing it after you press it.

You are a wonder!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Charlie in the Forest is one fabulous quilt - LOVE that backing!!!!!

pbj fiber marietta said...

Just love anything Charley Harper and you did a great job using this fabric. So glad you got it back and quilted!

Kristin said...

I LOVE that Charley Harper fabric. I've never seen it in person - but it is so charming. Thanks for introducing me to it!

Patty said...

That Harper backing fabric is fabulous! Once or twice a year I see those woodpeckers in my backyard and they are a site to behold! They are BIG! You have made great progress on getting the 9 patch top sewn together.

Mystic Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing the full quilt of Charley in the Forest. Just reading through your posts Wanda - way behind due to a reaction from a nasty vaccination! The latest batik is beautiful!