Friday, September 8, 2023

Switching projects........


This quilt had been loaded on the longarm for about 5 days and I had to get it quilted.  I knew I wanted to do straight line quilting but I doubted that I would be able to keep the channel lock quilting parallel to every seam and I knew it would be obvious.  So, I decided to do organic straight lines free hand.


The lines don't show up much on the photo above because they are following stripes part of the time.  I have unpinned the quilt and will trim it today and search for a binding.  I'm not sure if I have enough of any one of the stripe fabrics for binding so I could use several.

We only got up to 71 degrees yesterday with low dew point.  What a pleasant change.

11 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

That a pretty quilt,luv the colors! our weather is going from hot with the air off but cold with it on lol

Julierose said...

Your quilting looks super!! I like the organic straight line look on this one...nice work.
75 at 8:30 with 73 DP so far...but it is cloudy so perhaps the temps won't soar like yesterday...hoping your weather will make its way to us soon....
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty quilt that weather sounds nice, I think our "cooler" weather starts today 80's instead of 90's

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Perfect quilting for this one! Love the organic flow of the lines!!
Send the cool to me please ;-)

Barbara Anne said...

The free-hand lines of quilting give this colorful and wonderful quilt personality! Hope you find a binding fabric that pleases you if using the various stripe fabrics falls short.

Hugs!

JJM said...

Nice quilting choice for this quilt. I can see it does make the striped fabric stand out. I’m sure it feels good to take it off the long arm and ready for binding.

JJM

Kaaren said...

Oh, Wanda, yet another masterpiece by you. I love the organic lines and also tend to do that for exactly the same reason. I'm not much of a machine :-(. I have a bunch of Kaffe stripes I discovered the other day, and maybe this is just the ticket! Simple and joyous.

Glad your weather has cooled a bit. I east of SF in the Diablo Valley, and we get hot here, but this hasn't been a very bad summer at all. After several days, the air and fog will come in and cool us a bit, which is welcome. Happy change of weather time to you!
~Kaaren B.

Mary said...

The fabrics you selected really make this quilt and the organic line quilting is perfect. I love the colors of this.

Patty said...

Great choice to quilt organically rather than trying straight lines. The weather here is cooler but the humidity is still high and the mosquitoes are awful.

Vicki W said...

That's exactly how I quilt "straight"lines on any quilt with stripes. It always looks great.

Nann said...

I really like the straight(ish)-line quilting with the softly striped fabric.