Wednesday, September 13, 2023

A slow day...........


 

Yesterday started out productive, a load of laundry and preparing a package for mailing.  The rest of the day was miscellaneous tasks.


I realized I hadn't sewn the flying geese with the dark fabric shown here.  All 5 are from the same fabric but I used 5 different fabrics for the small triangles.  Four more strips sets are sewn for 8 more blocks.  I didn't get any more African fabric strips cut so that has to happen today.  I moved my African fabrics from a big plastic storage box to an open shelf and I can access them so much easier.

Awhile back I was going to move one of my wire storage racks from the basement to upstairs and I emptied off 2 of them and put a lot of the fabric into temporary containers.  What I removed from the basement was all of the Kaffe Fassett fabrics (not Philip Jacobs and Brandon Mably, the other 2 in the Kaffe collective) and purchased a new shelf unit for them. I still have 2 color groups to put back on shelves, purple and brown/gold/rust.  I think I see a spot for the purple but still looking for a spot for the brown/gold/rust group.  These are beautiful prints, so rich.  I need to see what groups I can consolidate to make room for them.  I may just decide which fabrics I want to keep and sell the rest.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

You are getting a lot done in the fabric organization there;))) Nice FLying Geese blocks.
We are in a dense fog bank here right now--Temp 71.2 and DP 69--so the mugginess still is with us. Rains are supposed to come later on this morning...I have a few errands to run and will be resting the hand still--but I found a binding to use on AS--so that is progress...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

fabric organizing takes time!! sometime you will need to show just how much fabric you have :)

Barbara Anne said...

Yep, some days the tasks must be done and sewing must fall by the wayside. That has to be okay.

How marvelous that you have so much space for fabrics that you have room for more shelving! What a delight to move fabrics for better access. My wee sewing room looks like a tornado went through it and I have too many projects on the go.

Hugs!

JJM said...

LOL at Barbara Anne’s comment “like a tornado went through it”… sounds like my workroom. �� I try to keep the rest of the house like no one lives here. But my work room . . . . ��

You keep moving and producing every day whether it’s sewing or not. Your quilt production is more than anyone else I know~ my days are filled with miscellaneous tasks that are there every day.

JJM

JJM said...

Thats crazy sometimes google comment recognizes those smiley icon faces and today they did not… those question marks are smiley face and the other eyes rolled up.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sounds like great organizing and decisions going on. You must sleep well!

Mystic Quilter said...

Good luck with the re-organizing, it's a great feeling when all finished but sometimes hard work carrying all the fabrics and setting up again. A difficult decision re keeping or selling fabrics, I have a couple of boxes now filling up with older fabrics which know I won't use.