Tuesday, September 12, 2023

16 patch sewing............


 The 16 patch stratas were cut into pieces for 28 blocks while I watched the noon news.













I sewed one of each pair.  I wasn't ready to take the other African quilt off the design wall so I just put the blocks up next to it to see how I liked them.  I need to cut more strips so I can make some more blocks.


I had a little sidetrack in the afternoon and cut 2" squares of Kaffe fabric from scraps for some future fun sewing.

We had rain almost all day yesterday and got 1" total.  We are still at several inches deficit for the summer.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

You have a very colorful wall going on there;))) Those strata will be really pretty with the solids in there.
Cooler this morning but still humid...68 degrees with 67 DP--hoping it gets even lower later on--but not expecting that really...
hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

What a feast for the eyes as I look at your design wall and those happy 2" squares! Exuberant Color, indeed!!

Hugs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we had a 1/2 inch rain last week and 1/4 last night - not near enough - I also watered the garden yesterday for 3 hours in hopes that the weeds will be easier to pull up

JJM said...

Always lots going on in your studios and always fun to see every day ~ Inspiration at its best.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

All that wonderful saturated colors going on today! Very satisfying.

Patty said...

Love the 16 patch blocks! Had some rain here today. It was enough to give the plants a drink. The humidity is so high! It’s 8:20 pm and the temperature is 63, dew point 60, and the humidity is 92%!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving your design wall today! printsonprintsonprints!