Thursday, September 28, 2023

Binding chosen...........


Decision made, the purple won.  Even though there aren't any prints in the quilt top, this dotty print picks up the colors in almost all of the blocks.  I didn't get it cut but it feels good to have the decision made.


While in the basement doing laundry, I put away some stacks of fabric.  I kept looking a this stack and thinking what a nice low volume quilt it would make.  Even just a simple quilt made with squares would be pretty.  I'm sure I have a lot more that could be added to them.

October is going to start with close to a week of 80 degree days.  That's quite a change from the cool rainy weather we have been having.  Yesterday we got almost 3/4 of an inch of rain with heavy rain just after midnight and then several showers throughout the day.  The tomatoes are mostly green so I hope they ripen with the warm week ahead.  They have been watered well with the nice rain.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first choice was the purple too! I’m always amazed at all the quilt tops you finish with each month.

Sue said...

My choice was also what you chose. It’s more appealing to my eye.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice choice for the binding. My tomatoes just don't seem to want to ripen, just too dry even though we have had a little rain, I guess they need a lot more. I will leave them out there for another couple weeks and then let them finish in the house if they don't ripen in two weeks.

Julierose said...

The purple is a great choice I think--so pretty;))
Nice stack of low volume fabrics--will be looking forward to seeing what you make with them;)
57 here and partly sunny--chilly early on when I went food shopping...gosh food
prices are up there!! ;000
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

After I wrote about the red binding I read your post today. Of course purple will be great. Rain here, too. Hopefully it will clear tonight so we can see the supermoon!

JJM said...

That was my first choice also and I'm not just saying that because you chose it also. (*._.*). I agree it has your colors in it and adds a lot of sparkle.

Your ‘Low Volume’ fabrics are heavenly ~

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

How pleasing to have your binding fabric chosen (my 1st choice, too!) and it will be so quick to cut and piece the strips. You are a whirlwind at making wonderful quilts!

Our weather has been in the 70sF in the daytime and 50s*F overnight, so our tomatoes are failing. The few green ones aren't growing at all. Sigh.

Hugs!

Sally Langston Warren said...

Love your choice for the binding! Just read yesterdays post….Freckles is one of my favorite Kaffe fabrics. I have yards of it in the tannish green color. (Not really sure what color you would call it). It goes with everything. I try to use it and stop hoarding it. I don’t remember it being in blue or red.

Patty said...

That purple dot fabric will add some extra fun to the quilt. Finally getting a bit of rain here.

Vicki W said...

Love the dot fabric! It reminds me of a very early Paula Nadelstern print.

Jean said...

Gorgeous!!