Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Looking at seeds.....................


I'm going to have some out of town company later this week so my time is kind of scattered between chores and fun.  I vacuumed the main floor carpeting yesterday, baked some beer bread, mixed up some dough that needs to be chilled, and went through stacks of magazines.  I never made it to the ironing table.  Last night I just wanted to look at fun stuff so I pulled out these "seeds" for another project.


This photo is from April 2016 when I trimmed them all to whaterver maximum width I could.  This is all of the sizes, not just what I showed above.  I think I need to play with these and make something with them before the end of the year.  They may make more than one art piece.  It won't be a bed size quilt.  These are all batiks and I have 2 medium size boxes full of 2" wide batik strips so they may co-mingle.

 

12 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Your blog was the first one I opened in my wee hours of the morning,I thought you were making a bookcase quilt,guess I should've took a few sips of coffee beforehand 🤣🤣 the colors blend nicely together,a good lap size is my favorite size to make,I made my first full size & said it'd be my last but more & more I want more for my bed lol

Kathy said...

This looks like it's challenging you to make it into a full size quilt! Building and filling in with the batik strips would be so much fun--but then, I'm improv and you are always so precise. That puzzle challenge might not appeal to you, but the fabric bits there are beautiful.

Julierose said...

You have a lovely group of "seeds" for projects to choose from...
Actually feels cold this morning--giving our home a little shot of heat...58 out there with 55 DP--We are supposed to have a really nice, sunny day today.
I am still finding scraps, chunks, and cutoffs tucked away in my stash...
Hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful jumping off ideas for such super color. They are actually more like seedlings, already sprouted.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great array of fabrics!

Nann said...

Love the improv vibe of these scrappy units.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your seeds are always so gorgeous . . . I see several smaller art quilts in the making.

Sue Vermeland said...

LOVE improv quilting...your seeds are great inspiration for me to keep going with mine. Joyous and colorful...my kind of seed pack.

Barbara Anne said...

What a delicious variety of fabric 'seeds' and strips to play with when time allows!

Your visitors will certainly be well fed while visiting with you!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Love that you make use of just about every scrap. And that you maximize the size of the "scrap" blocks. Got to visit the Sandwich Fair while visiting from CT. last week and was surprised to see that someone I knew won 2 purple ribbons for her quilts.

Patty said...

I bet looking at those seeds brings back memories of the quilts that were made from all those fabrics. I love the riot of color!

MaryJo said...

So I'm intrigued by your 'stacks' of magazines ?! Do you subscribe, or were they given to you ? I LOVE magazines, but I can't let them go. Pretty much stopped ordering them, but every once in a while...

Your 'seedlings' have so much potential. Looking forward to seeing them sprout !