Monday, September 11, 2023

Going through the African fabrics..............




I found a group of 2" strips in the bin with the larger pieces of African yardage.  I did find a small piece of the same fabric I used to border the elephant panel but there wouldn't have been enough to use for another border later.  I decided a different fabric would be better and found these 2 strips, also in burgundy, that would work.  The big pieced panel is 40" square and some of the African fabrics weren't that wide and these strips are long enough.  The flying geese border will be next.







I found more of the strip piecing left over from a previous project.  They might be used some way as another border all the way around the top.  That is thinking ahead and no final decisions were made.


I have enough of this fabric to use for more borders as needed.  All in all, it was good to get to the bottom of the large bin of fabrics and now they may go up on one of the shelf units instead of staying in the bin.  Another day, another decision.

Outside I started cutting down the peonies.  I have about 30 plants and only 3 had been cut previously.  I'm just doing a few a day, no long sessions of bending over.

9 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

I like your idea of possibly bringing in the strip piecing as a border, they're a lovely mix of colours.

Helenchaffin said...

This is coming together so nicely,looking forward to seeing it finished

Julierose said...

Looks like you have some lovely choices for the borders on this quilt. I love that triangle purple piece--great color.
Still humid at 72 with 70 dewpoint--not quite as hot, but still yucky out there...We did get rain yesterday afternoon and last evening-- about .45"
so that was welcome....hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

I'm enjoying each post as this quilt evolves. After a sunny weekend, today is rainy.

JJM said...

What an exciting piece to be working on… the more you add the more exciting it becomes. Your stash is simply amazing to me. You shop in your very own store at home that you continue to built up.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Fun choices and wonderful fabrics! I'll send you an email with an idea I used for your consideration.

Ah, time to tidy the garden!

Hugs!

Danice G said...

The quilt is going to be beautiful. I love those African fabrics so much.

Cathy said...

Oh my - what a visual feast of color and pattern!

JustCallMeElle said...

Good morning. I'm catching up on your posts this morning. :-) Is that panel by chance from Artistic Artifacts in Alexandria VA? They have some gorgeous panels that are much like this one.