Friday, September 22, 2023

A fun day................


My daughter stopped by yesterday and brought me a gift.  The top fabric is a Philip Jacobs fabric in his Snow Leopard brand.  The other 2 are Brandon Mably prints.  I haven't had a chance to open the magazine yet but I know it will be good reading.






It has been awhile since she was here so I was showing her some of the quilt tops she had only seen photos of.  In the foreground is the next quilt in line on the longarm and we decided it made an interesting photo with both together.



We got to the point of pinning quilt tops on top of quilt tops on the design wall and piling more quilts on the longarm.  By the end of the day everything was down and hung neatly on hangers again to await its turn to be finished.  She helped me choose backings for several quilts and even binding for a couple.  I usually don't choose bindings until one is quilted but we found some great choices.  Now I need to cut about 5 batting pieces and then I can get the roll of batting off my worktable.

 

9 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Beautiful quilts in the works! I especially like the one that looks like trees,then that could just be my eyes 🤣so sweet to have that mother daughter bonding time💞

Julierose said...

What gorgeous quilts to be finished up; I love that 64-patch one--just brilliantly colored--and the little trees also...You should have fun getting these quilted...54 here this morning and another lovely, sunny day! Planning on a late morning walk after it warms up a bit...
I made a 3rd "Winged Strings" block and have set up the 4th...don't know if I will continue or make a smaller piece with those four These days i cannot handle big quilts so we shall see--...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how nice and thanks for showing the magazine - it reminded me that I still have not received my magazine subscription that I ordered months ago and will need to send them another note!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a fun day, indeed! These photos share that joy with us - thank you!!

JJM said...

I can see in your photos’s ~ the fun you and Vicki had playing with your quilt tops, and to accomplish so much as well. It was good to see your quilt tops again, every one with your signature Exuberant fabrics.

It’s always a treat to have our children come home for a visit. Love and happiness comes with her time with you, I’m sure.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Ah, your daughter knows what type gifts you prefer, doesn't she! She's also good at backing and binding choices, so you've trained her well. :)

What wonderful eye candy in those photos and on your design wall.

Hugs!

Kristin said...

I can definitely see the hand of the maker in all your quilts - they sing and dance together!

Patty said...

Sounds like you and your daughter had a fun filled day playing with your quilts and tops. That fabric she brought you is fabulous!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh those quilts, bursting with colour, I love them!! Nice gift, I sometimes buy the Simply Moderne but they arrive here month out of date!