Tuesday, September 26, 2023

I did it................

After mentioning in Monday's post that I wanted to quilt this yesterday, I did it.  It has a lot of lines of quilting and I walked back and forth for 2 1/2 hours.




I used the channel locks for this one for straight lines.







I would call this thread color soft red.  It is redder than dark rose but much softer color than true red. 









This color blended in nicely with the soft colors in Kaffe's yarn dyed woven stripes and shot cottons.

I think there is enough backing fabric to use for binding but I'm not sure I want that Philip Jacobs print at the edge when there aren't any other prints in the quilt top.  One of the shot cottons would probably be best but they are so lightweight that I worry about them wearing well on the edge.  I'll be searching my stash today.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh that quilting really looks lovely in that softer rose-red color. ;)))
That is a long time to walk back and forth--you deserve some rest!
58 this morning, but, so far, no more rain--just overcast skies...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love how that turned out - the soft red/rose looks perfect for the quilt. What size quilt is this? it looks pretty large

Barbara Anne said...

Well done and the thread color is just perfect! Hope you find a sturdier cotton fabric for the binding in your stash.
I always cut my large quilt bindings wider and fold them in half (the long skinny way!) before sewing them on so the quilt edges wear better. Do you make your bindings that way?

Hugs!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is FABULOUS!!!!

Nann said...

You got your steps in as you quilted this. It's another beauty.

JJM said...

I can see your 2 1/2 hours of “quilt walking” and it shows beautifully. I noticed your extra steps also. I hope you can squeeze out enough from your backing to bind it. It is another Glorious quilt and your backing is as well.

JJM

Sally Langston Warren said...

Marcia Derse has some beautiful solids in her Palette collection. They have the hand dyed look, so not absolutely solid in color..slight variations…and normal weight quilting cotton. We always need an excuse to buy more Marcia Derse!

Patty said...

That quilt is stunning! That pinky rose thread looks great!

O'Quilts said...

I so love it...a great quilt.xo

Agile Jack said...

The quilting on the shots and stripes quilt is so perfect! And I love the thread you used.