Monday, September 18, 2023

A day of rest.............


We had rain off and on the last 2 days, only .8" of rain here, but 5+" just 60 miles east of us in an area that has been hit with heavy rain more than once this past summer.  It was overcast so this photo is a little off in color.  I love both of these quilts so I have them both on the bench by the fireplace.  Fall starts at 2 a.m. Saturday so I guess I should look through my favorites for one with fall vibes.

I did spend some time going through things on the dining room table. I have been trying to clean it off for several weeks but keep getting sidetracked.  Today I need to press my 16 patch blocks so I can put them all up on the design wall.  I have a quilt loaded on the longarm too so there isn't a lack of things that need to be done.  I'm looking forward to some sunshine today.

11 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Beautiful quilts,we had our first cool night last night,a sure sign Fall is on it's way,the I guess we can fussing about being too cold lol

Julierose said...

Raining steadily here today. I can see why these are favorites of yours--so pretty...I am going to start taking out some autumnal projects also--
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wish we would get some of that rain - here it is dry I was moving the water hose around yesterday letting it water the strawberry plants and then the azaleas which were looking so droopy it was pitiful, should have been paying attention to them

Nann said...

About 1" fell here but by afternoon the sun was out. Beautiful colorways for both quilts on display. I kept gathering up papers and consolidating them into one pile. I went through the stack on Saturday and filled a wastebasket.

JJM said...

Good to hear you took a day off ~ it may have been an overcast day but your quilts shined through with their ‘Exuberant’ colors, design and fabrics.

It was a breezy afternoon here in the mountains with leaves and pine needles falling like rain. Seems Autumn always goes too fast and gives into winter all too soon.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

First day of fall or not, I'm not ready to shift color palettes just yet. I'll wait until October begins. Both of your quilts on the bench are wonderful!

Kristin said...

That bench looks very cozy with your quilts on it!

Patty said...

The quilts look so pretty! You are calling it a day off but you were still kaputzing around and getting some things done. There was scattered rain here. My phone shows zero rainfall but there were puddles.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Plenty to do here also! The quilts look great on display. It is supposed to be sunny here for the next couple of days.

helenreimers said...

It is nice to take a day and catch your breath. We are in a drought. Could use some rain. Had to tell you. Scrolling on Pinterest, saw a ZigZag quilt I loved. It was yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mystic Quilter said...

Two nice quilts on the bench, Summery colours. We change time also Saturday, great for the beach loving people here as the evenings lengthen, personally I love early mornings.