Sunday, September 10, 2023

First finish for September 2023..............


I didn't realize how hard it would be to get accurate color on this quilt in a photo.  This is close but it is prettier in real life.

This quilt ended up at 58" x 72".  It has Hobbs 80/20 batting in it.  The Kaffe yarn dyed woven stripes are very lightweight so this one feels like a summer quilt.


I used a 40 wt. cotton variegated thread on top and green Bottom Line thread in the bobbin.









I'm so happy I kept looking for a backing in my stash and found this Brandon Mably print that matches the colors on the front so perfectly.  The binding is a stripe (I showed it on yesterday's post).







I spent some quality time with the new Kaffe book. This is #25 in his series.  That doesn't include his hard cover books.  In this book the new quilts were remakes of one quilt from each of 20 of the books and 3 cushions with a design from 3 more books.  I had fun going back to see the original version of each one since I have all of his books.

 

12 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Yea! congrats on the finish of this quilt,you should be proud ,it is beautiful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have not gone over the book really well like you have I will soon. The quilt turned out really well

Julierose said...

Lovely finish on your summer quilt--love that backing--looks like lace;)))
Still humid here--74 with DP of 72--Seems like we've been in this heat wave forever!!
I machine quilted autumn Stars vert-and-horiz-ly and tried to hand quilt around one star--i may not be able to continue as the hand seized up on me again...and so it goes...Hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I can’t imagine quilt being any prettier in reality than it is in the photo ~ because it’s sensational. Another of your beautiful quilts. Somewhere you must have record of how many quilts you have created since your first one. I’m sure it has to be in the 100’s !

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

This is a perfectly beautiful quilt with it's perfectly perfect backing, wonderful threads, and spot-on binding. Well done and well chosen, Wanda!!!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Love the backing fabric! Congratulations on another finish.

Patty said...

Pushed the wrong button and posted as anonymous

O'Quilts said...

Just a perfect quilt!! A Wanda special xoox

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the colours in this quilt!

Vicki W said...

That's going to be such a great snuggle quilt for someone.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a very refreshing quilt to look at. It must be really soft. You are amazing how you can keep up with Kaffe's books.

WesternWilson said...

Which of Kaffe's quilt pattern is this quilt? You did a lovely job, it is absolutely gorgeous!