Friday, September 29, 2023

Binding time................


I got the binding cut and sewn onto this quilt after lunch yesterday.  I had a hard talking myself into starting the hand sewing.






I'm running out of time for a September finish on this one.  I like the dotty print next to this block.









I knew it would look good next to the purple block.  I have about half of one long side hand stitched so I see I will have a lot of sitting for a couple days.

I was hoping to have the African/batik quilt top layout done and the top sewn together too but I doubt I would have time to do both of these projects by midnight tomorrow night.

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Great progress on that hand stitched binding!
Pouring rain this morning--55.6 degrees...mostly errands to do today...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that binding color looks great with the other colors in the quilt

helenreimers said...

Fantastic binding. Adds so much.

JJM said...

Good exercise for your hands and fingers with all your bindings you stitch. And you do such a beautiful job on them. Plus its a great fabric choice to complete this quilt.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Love the polka dot binding with this quilt. Perfect choice!!
Don't push yourself to finish both quilts so much that they're no fun and you're too tired to take pleasure in your accomplishment.

Hugs!

Patty said...

The purple dot binding looks great. If you don’t get it done for September it’s not the end of the world.

Amy F. said...

I love the colors in this quilt! This quilt just sings!