Sunday, September 24, 2023

Marcia arrived early..............

 

I love it when fabric is delivered earlier than tracking predicted.  Here are several photos of all 14 of Marcia Derse's new line called Marble Run.  I would say this is my favorite but then I would say that over and over as I show the rest.  I love all of it.  The name of this print is Marble Run.


This one is called Stick Stacks.  They are both vivid colors.







This is one group called Splash.








These are the final two colors of Splash.








Then I grouped some I might use together.














This is a more subdued group that could be used together.  All of the colors in this line go well with one of her other recent lines.  So now I have the fabric; next I need to come up with an idea for a quilt.  











I finished this quilt in 2016 and gifted it to a great niece last year.  I might make something similar with the new fabrics mixed into the stash of Marcia fabrics that I have.  That is unless a better idea takes center stage.

10 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

what beautiful interesting fabrics,I don't think Ive ever seen those prints 💞

Kathy said...

Triangles are a great way to use and show off those prints. Nice to be able to work in with the other lines, too, but I just can't seem to sew fast enough to use things up!

Julierose said...

Lovely MD fabrics to add to your stash. Pretty gift quilt, too.
Still raining here though just a mizzle out there, and 60 degrees-- so it'll be a soggy, gray journey this morning...looking forward to seeing my daughter ;))) hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

aren't those pretty - I'm surprised you got it early -- Hancock's is usually pretty slow it seems :)

JJM said...

Great Sunday post Wanda ~ new fabrics to have fun playing with…. And the 2016 quilt just Glistens and Glows ~ a quilt your niece will treasure forever.

JJM

Nann said...

What delicious additions to your stash! How much did you buy of each?

Barbara Anne said...

What delicious new fabrics, Wanda! It will be fun to watch as you decide how to use them.

Love the 2016 triangle quilt, too. Your use of colors in your quilts is wonderful!

Ophelia dumped nearly 4" of rain on us in about 36 hours and it's good our home is near the crest of a hill. Others are not so fortunate.

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for her new line and you adding it to your stash.

Vicki W said...

She does design the coolest fabrics!

Mystic Quilter said...

A nice surprise having the collection come along early, it's always exciting to open the package!