Saturday, September 16, 2023

More parts................


I worked on more parts for the 16 patch quilt.  These 5 strip sets will produce 10 blocks.  Now I have 16 strip sets to press and slice into block segments.  With all of the others I have already sewn this would give me a total of 68 blocks, enough for a 7 x 9 layout = 63 blocks or I can continue to add to it.  I will check to see if I have a large print that would look good cut into some alternate blocks.


I went through the 2" strips left from a previous quilt and found 5 more that would make a nice group.




This is all of the leftover sewn stratas from that previous quilt.  I'm considering using these for a border on the African elephant quilt top.  I need to turn on the iron today and press the Flying Geese borders and the 16 patch stratas.

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here, mid 70s for a high, 50 degrees at night, and very low humidity.  I cut down a few more peonies, filled the birdfeeders and picked the Sun Gold cherry tomatoes.

8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

that's a great production day for the use of your leftover fabrics,looking forward to seeing the creations from these

Julierose said...

Lovely strip sets you have set up, Wanda;)))
58 this morning with 52 DP so, really nice and cool and dry out there...
My son and family are dropping in for a visit later on this afternoon--
so looking forward to seeing them. ;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the African prints are really pretty hope you come up with enough to do what you want.
The weather here will be a little warmer day times then I want but nights are still cooling off.

Barbara Anne said...

What gloriously colorful and delightful fabric strips you've found to either use in your 16 patch blocks or the African Elephant's border. Choices, choices, choices and not a one could be wrong!

Hugs!

JJM said...

I hear the beat of African music just looking at your fabrics. So full of excitement, showing off your elephants.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your "quilt seed" leftovers surely do lead to some beautiful quilts! Looking forward with anticipation to see where this latest batch leads!

Kara Kwilts said...

Sounds like a practically perfect day to me. :) Kara

Mystic Quilter said...

It's amazing what we can find when we rummage through left overs, I love seeing what pops to the surface.