Saturday, September 23, 2023

Cleaning the basement and 5 years ago..............


Yesterday I had some help with cleaning up the basement.  My helper vacuumed the cobwebs and the dust on the pipes along the ceiling joists and I vacuumed the floor.  I also unburied a few chairs that had piles on them.

5 years ago I was just starting the blocks for a Marcia Derse star quilt.


At this point I had all of the blocks sewn together into a quilt top but I knew I wanted a border.












I found some perfect Marcia Derse fabrics in my stash for the borders and got it all sewn together early in November 2018.  It is waiting its turn to be quilted.

A new Marcia Derse line is available now.  I saw it for $14-17 a yard most places and didn't know if I would buy any right away.  Then I found it for $10.99 at Hancock's of Paducah.  Yes, I ordered some and it should be here Monday.

 

12 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE Marcia Derse fabric and ordered a pack of the whole new line when it came out. I never do that, but I'm happy with this one. It's a great group this time with bright colors. Never know when it will get used, but glad to have it!

Mary said...

I've launched into a cleaning and organizing effort in my sewing area too. I'm glad you were able to find the fabric at a better price!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always good to find fabric at a lower price! it is getting so pricey

JJM said...

What a gorgeous quilt top waiting to be quilted. It’s been waiting 5 years ~ I’d say times up. (*._.*) it has all your signature fabrics, design, and beauty. . . . Deep cleaning feels so good when it’s all done, so glad you had more help again yesterday.

JJM

Nann said...

I have discovered spider spray -- called Bug Stop or Home Defense. At this time of year spray it outside around the foundation and along all the baseboards inside, and the ceiling perimeter in the basement. It cuts down on spiders and other critters.......Meanwhile, how satisfying to discover a semi-forgotten project! Five years is long enough to simmer. Time to git 'er done!

Julierose said...

Lovely stars you uncovered--so vibrant! I like the borders--they set it off beautifully.
Light rain here and gray skies--so far no heavy downpours--We are going up to see my daughter tomorrow and hope we won't encounter heavy rains...
hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

What delight stars you made and I love the quilt and its borders. Happy day that you found more of Marcia's fabric for such a good price!

Ophelia brought us .65" of rain between 6p last eve and midnight. It's been raining constantly for the 13 hours since then and is forecast to continue raining until 8a tomorrow. Glub, glub!

Hugs!

Elsie Montgomery said...

This one is really worth getting finished!! Love it, Wanda. You always inspire my creativity. Thanks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like the colors in this one!
and glad you had some help!!

Alicia Key said...

Idk Marsh Derst but i love your colors!

Millie Quilts said...

That is probably my all time favorite quilt block and those fabrics are terrific.

O'Quilts said...

so delightful..love the stars!! and the fabric...Of course I am sloooow to pull mine out to use..gotta get with the program xox