Sunday, January 6, 2008

Use it or lose it

I have been cutting yellow strips from my scraps and yardage for awhile in hopes of making an all yellow log cabin type quilt. Last week one night I had a dream, in full technicolor as usual. In this dream I was aware of (but didn't see) several people in my studio with their sewing machines. One person seemed to be in charge, all I could see of her was arms, and she reached over and picked up these yellow strips and started handing them out to the people in the room and said "Here are some strips already cut, we can use them". As I am the observer in this dream, I am in shock. They can't have my strips! So......to interpret this dream......does that mean use them or lose them?

By the way, I am enjoying the votes on my last post. I will not work on it until at least Monday evening so if anyone else has an opinion, please comment.

9 comments:

Joyce said...

It holds true for muscle and brain so why not for fabrics too? Lol.

Barbara C said...

I think of my yellows as "gold" too, and so I hoard especially good ones and place them strategically in quilts. Your dream would be a nightmare for me.

In term of your poll: I vote for the beads. The second quilt would be a great sofa quilt--I have a similar one in browns on my sofa. One more row both lengthwise and across would make a generous throw.

Anonymous said...

What a way to begin the new year with a bright, golden, sunny quilt. Another show stopper in the making. Those strips are just stunning.

Interesting dream, and I like your question... "use them or loose them" Either way you will be sharing those yellow strips whether you give them away or create another breath taking piece. I like to take the 'soft' version of analyzing dreams. (*._,*) J~MT

meggie said...

Doesn't our subconscious play tricks on us?
I have very vivid dreams, which haunt me all day in elusive flashes.
Yellow is my favourite colour, & I love those fabrics!

I cannot believe I missed your yesterday's post, but it was so hot I couldnt bear to come into this room. I could barely breath with the humidity.

Candy Schultz said...

Yes but you can't really lose your strips unless they get tossed out by mistake. Dreams can be hilarious tho.

Elaine Adair said...

What a great dream, and you can even remember it! Funny! No sensible explanation from me.

The Calico Cat said...

My interpretation, you are lucky enough to have worker bees!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love your vision for an all yellow quilt! No clue as to the meaning of the dream... I like Calico Cat's interpretation :-)

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Yes for the yellow.