Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cut a strip of fabric

If you purchased this fabric, you might be saying to yourself that there is only one way to use it. That way would be to fussy cut a vase.
But.......I suggest that you cut off a strip, in whatever your favorite width is for projects and see the fabric in a new light.
It would have been nice if I had laid the strip straight on the table but anyway, here is another size cut in a little different place.
I will post again later today about contrast in quiltmaking. I have taken the pictures but need to work on them for awhile.

4 comments:

meggie said...

I like looking at things from different perspectives.

Anonymous said...

Patch work design is so much fun, and yours always makes a great statement. When your designs are completed for quilt top you have produced a piece of fabric like none other. Truly an original. I have enjoyed watching you cut this piece of fabric into sections anxious to see your later post. J~MT

The Calico Cat said...

I only have a charm of that (2 different color ways) cut by someone else, one is almost a fussy cut while the other is not...

Anonymous said...

I have bought some fabulous patterned fabric at http://www.iluvfabrix.com They have an incredible variety of colors and patterns.

Lanny