Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Heart Quilt finished

It is finished and ready to ship to the IL Artisan's shop! If you have been reading my blog for awhile you may recognize the strip pieced triangles as something I have used before. If you don't know what I am talking about, click on Prismatic Garden in the labels column on the right side of the blog. This will take you to others in the series. This one is called Prismatic Garden 12: Heart. I was so close to and involved in creating the center red heart that I missed all of the other hearts that start appearing in the background until my daughter commented on it.

I made a label and made the decision to not line it and to let the hearts from the backing show through it. Where I should have been more careful was that the seam allowance turned under should have been the same on all sides. That is not something I would readily see if I were looking at someone else's label because I would be so busy reading it and looking at the embroidery to notice it. I could still loosen one side and get in there and trim it but.........do I really want to?

Here is a picture showing how I make the triangles.

8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

The more you look, the more you can see... it's WONDERFUL!!

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Wanda!! I really love the Prismatic series!

Judith said...

It is very very beautifull.

Anonymous said...

This one really melts my heart. I love to study your work and did not see the other hearts either. I can see everyone of them now. Your label is beautiful, I would leave as is. And thanks for showing us how to make the triangles. Makes me think MAYBE I too could make a quilt as lovely as yours. J~MT

meggie said...

So beautiful & lively! The label is lovely- leave it the way it is, it just adds to the specialness of it all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda,I love seeing the
"other " hearts. A beatiful work of art.
I'd hate to sell it.jmh

Elaine Adair said...

When I grow up, I want to be YOU!

MORE wonderful color inspiration. Thank you for all!

I've got a good start on 'our' project.

Eva said...

The triangle method is so ingenious!