Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fixed label, another Prismatic Garden

I hadn't sewn the last side of the label down in the picture yesterday so I decided to see if I had a piece of light colored fabric with wonder under already on it and if I did I would insert it under the label to cut down the show through of the backing and seam allowances. Luckily I did find a piece because I probably wouldn't have fixed it if I had to start from scratch. I'm happier with it now. I really love the Prismatic Garden 12: Heart and I'm going to wait one more day to mail it out. I'm still trying to get a picture that is perfectly square.

The only one in the Prismatic Garden series that I have been hesitant about is the one below. I don't usually add borders to them and on this one I did. It has been waiting 4 or 5 years to be finished. Boy, time flies when you are having fun! I have had a hard time deciding which way is up on it but I think this is the way I like it, if I like it at all. Decision time: is this one going to get finished this year??




7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Good solution to underline the label.
I was surprised to see Sandwich -- I was thinking Arlington Heights or somewhere up there.

meggie said...

I love it! I like the border too.
It deserves to be finished this year!!

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I love the prismatic gardens that is unfinished. But it seems to me that the border isn't in sync with the blocks. It is so much grayer. The idea of a border isn't bad, but I'm not sure about THIS border.

I always love your work. It seems odd to find something that I don't like as well.

Anonymous said...

Wanda- Your quilts are amazing! I love the Prsmatic garden. Is that a pattern that you sell? Thanks, Mary

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Mary, You are a no reply blogger so I have no way to contact you except leaving an answer here. My Prismatic Gardens is a series I started in 1992 and I don't sell a pattern, but if you click on Prismatic Garden on the LABELS list on the right side of the screen, there are several posts that show how I make them. If you want anything further, I suggest you go to my PROFILE and click on email.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

I see a heart in this prismatic as well--in the upper right--so it deserves to be quilted, right?