Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Really Long Time Ago...

I made this little quilt top shortly after I bought my first pieces of Melody Johnson's hand dyed fabrics. This was around the time that Judy Hopkins had her first book on Original Quilts published. It talked about taking simple blocks and some shapes and piecing them together into something original. This was in 1990 I think. I have never come up with an idea of how to quilt this one so it sits in the big bin of unfinished projects.

I think maybe this one just needs another border and it would make a nice card table tablecloth.

I have just one more side to finish on the binding so I should be able to show this piece tomorrow.

5 comments:

Shelina said...

I am enjoying watching you go through your need to finish box. Such beautiful quilts. I had to chuckle about the rail fence - it really doesn't teach you that you can make a quilt in less than five years if it has been a UFO from 12-15 years ago! I wish you much luck in your progress of completing things.

Anonymous said...

Another piece to admire and study. I can see hand dyed fabrics are amazing to work with. Great job.

Looking forward to seeing your Heart Quilt complete.

J~MT

Joyce said...

I love the look of the top one. I'm sure if you finish it, somebody will find a use for it.

meggie said...

It is almost like a bolt of lightning!
Or, that could be because we are currently having an electrical storm, & it just seem to 'fit'. I do admire it's urgent energy.

The second looks very interesting also.

Michael5000 said...

Love the hand-dyes, and what you've done with them. Yum.