Sunday, January 27, 2008

Spring is coming

Yes, spring is coming, but not soon enough. We have had a snowy winter this year and there are still 2 more months to go. It is 17 degrees this morning, a lot warmer than it has been this last week. I decided to dig in the picture archive and find something I haven't shown yet.

I made this wallhanging for the local sewing machine store to take to a show in April last year. I enjoy watching the embroidery machine work the intricate patterns. I have done extensive hand embroidery in my past but I have to baby my right hand because of carpal tunnel syndrome. As long as I don't over do I don't have any pain and it doesn't seen to get any worse. So I still get my fix of embroidery when all I have to do is change the thread.
Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best way I have found to baby the dominate hand, wrist or arm is to use the other as often as possible.
I always use my nondominate hand for computer tasks such as using the mouse or touch pad.
Yes, I'm living testimony that even an old dog can learn new tricks! KS

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your embroidery photo. We all needed a boost to keep us going through these winter days. And that quilt with EMBROIDERY is "SPRING DREAMS". Just love it, colors and selection of embroidery designs. Warming as a fresh spring day... Would love to see more, as you know I need to get my Baby Lock back into some action.

J~MT

meggie said...

How pretty that is. I love the fresh colours. I have long admired those embroidery machines, but don't think I would get enough use out of it, to justify having one.

Paula, the quilter said...

Isn't it surprising what carpal tunnel makes you do? I've had surgery on my left thumb and left wrist. Also surgery on my right wrist. I find that I can not hold anything heavy in my left hand and that includes frameless quilting or crocheting/knitting an afghan. Too much weight hanging off my hand makes for a very sore achy hand. But if I put my quilting in a hoop or frame and let that support the weight I can work it. I knit sox not afghans. LOL!