Friday, January 4, 2008

6 Month Blogiversary!!!

I didn't know 6 months ago how fulfilling it would be to "meet" so many other people out there in blogland. My friend Diane told me she had a blog and in an email discussion she convinced me it wasn't hard to do so I tried it. It has been life changing. I can't wait to blog each day.

When I started out I thought I might have about 20 people who would like to keep in touch with me by reading the blog. I never imagined I would have more than 100 readers a day (thanks sitemeter for the stats). Like others have said before this, I feel as if I have known some of you for years.

Now, for what I have posted in 6 months:
135 quilts and wallhangings from 8" x 10" to 96" x 130", 27 unfinished quilt tops and this does not include ones that were only partially pieced when I showed them, 9 postcards, 4 totebags, 8 tablerunners, and lots of other miscellaneous.

I have shown you my past so you know where I have been, the present so you know I am still alive and kicking each day, and future projects that I just have pieces and parts of so far. I like the fact that I can document my fiber art/quilting career so even I can go back and check it out.

I want to thank each and every one of you that have left comments. They make my day! I know there are a lot of readers that never leave comments but I talk to some of you in person and I know you are reading it. Some of you I will never hear from you but I thank you just the same for reading my blog.

And now, to the studio..........

10 comments:

Vicki W said...

Congratulations on your Blogiversary! I agree with you, blogging really is life-changing. I enjoy reading your blog every day!

Silverthimble said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary! I look forward to reading your blog every day!

Ann said...

I'm one of those silent readers. I may not comment much, but I am constantly inspired by your blog. Thanks for all the pictures and posts, and happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Your blog makes my day, your projects make me feel like I'm right there creating along with you. I'm one of those who enjoys doing it all,from needleart work to creative painting and everthing in between. Your blog inspired me so to get back into some quilting again and I thank you for that. I was told once, if you stick with one talent you could go far. I have not been able to stick with one BUT YOU CERTAINLY HAVE AND IT SHOWS with your fiber/art quilting! Thanks again Wanda ~ J~MT

Joyce said...

I have been enjoying your blog enormously. your work is very inspiring. Thank you so much.

antique quilter said...

congrats on your blog anny!
I enjoy reading your blog each day...
Your work is inspiring to me.
Kathie

meggie said...

I will be here reading daily. Your blog is an inspiration.
Have you considered writing a book?

Thankyou for sharing so generously, & thank goodness you began your blog!

Anonymous said...

Wanda, You said'I can't wait to blog each day".
and I say, "I can"t wait to read your blog each day."
thank you, thank you. jmh

Anonymous said...

Wanda, Congratulations -- You've brought alot of enjoyment to many of us. Also, Thanks for the comment on my blog -- my first! I hope I get the hang of it soon, I could do a couple of DWR circles in the time it took to post yesterday.

imquilternity said...

Wanda, Congratulations! I love your blog and look forward to checking in with you every day now that I've discovered you! Your quilts and postcards are wonderful. Your use of color has captured my eye and, of course, I love Kaffe Fassett and hand-dyed fabrics so will look forward to your future projects with great anticipation!