Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Need to finish" box, part 1

I was going through the "Need to Finish" box and found this top that I made last year. It is just waiting for its corner triangles and then it can be quilted. This picture is dark at one end because I didn't turn on the rest of the lights near my design wall. Here is a shot that lets you see the fabrics. The pattern is Blooming 9-Patch. The directions to make one of these is in "Tradition With a Twist" by Young and Stone.
It is time to start working on these partially finished quilts. I am really motivated in January, and I taper down as the year goes on. Maybe what I am saying is that in January I am willing to finish things and as the year goes on I only want to start things.

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oooooh, to have such treasures in a "to be finished" box...

Elaine Adair said...

Beeeuuutiful!

I'm still planning my project - have to clear up the present project on the Living Room floor.

Joyce said...

Gorgeous, as usual. I really like quilts with flowers.

Anonymous said...

Oh Wanda ~ Just what I needed to see today... This time of year it feels so good to see some spring florals. I agree with the ladies prior to my comment it is a beautiful treasure! I can see this on a dining table with a basket of Easter eggs on top.... The eggs would have to be in the same colors that you have in the quilt, of course. I too wish I had that on my "too be finished" shelf. J~MT

meggie said...

SO pretty.
Reminds me of a summer lawn, with garden beds around it.

Jan said...

Ooh...looks like the promise of spring! Very pretty, Wanda.

Michael5000 said...

You crack me up, E.C. How many people make something that grand, then forget about it enough that they "find it" later?

: )