Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Shopping and sewing..............


I couldn't ignore the empty refrigerator any longer and did my grocery shopping for the week.

Then I sewed the last 4 blocks and at that point realized I only needed 3 because I had one block by the sewing machine to give me a visual aid for the direction of the solid color triangles.

Later in the afternoon I worked on the layout....and this is the final layout.


Last night I clipped and numbered the rows and started sewing it all together.  I have all seams sewn one direction (webbed) and 2 seams sewn the other direction....5 more seams to sew and then a good press job and photo.


The lilacs are done blooming but the Garden Heliotrope is blooming and smells just like lilacs.  I have just a few plants in 2 places.










Here is another Peony plant with just 2 blooms, a medium pink.










The pink with shaggy centers are blooming now too.  I have them in 2 places.






This is my neighbor's Peony plant near our lot line. They are beautiful white ones with just a little line of pink here and there.  I have a plant with white flowers in front of my house. They are usually the last to bloom.  I need to check on them today.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the star blocks look good and the garden is getting thick. The plants all look really good

Mary said...

I see a lot of fun fabrics in this top. I've had no experiece with Peonies, but they have lovely blooms.

Vicki W said...

That quilt sure came together fast!

Nann said...

The 'negative' fabric placement has a very positive result! Peonies are on the edge of popping right now.

Julierose said...

Those pink shaggy peonies are just lovely--do you know the type they are?

I love how your stars came out ;)))--
I've been trying "webbing" on my D4P blocks
for the first time and finding it hard to manage all the pieces waiting to be sewn to the whole...
but I must say matching seams is a lot easier this way...

Only 47 this morning--pretty chilly down by the CT River-- where we walked...
fresh air was nice--but we could see the clouds of particulate matter and smoke blowing in so we came home...
Amazing that the smoke from the Nova Scotia wild fires could travel this far...you can actually smell the smokiness--ugh!!
[global warming strikes again]
Hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I see the stars and I also see pin wheels spinning in the spring and summer breeze. I loved those pin wheels on a stick growing up and put one on my bike too. As you can tell this top brings back forgotten memories for me . Great layout and looking forward seeing its finishing photo.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Love the Friendship Star layout and, again, admire your speed in cutting and sewing up such a wonderful variety of blocks, then sewing them together. Applause, applause!
Lovely flowers, too. :)

Hugs!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Love, love this scrappy star quilt in progress. Oh what a colorful delight!! Thanks for sharing and showing us how you can never go wrong with a simple pattern using al your delicious scraps.

Cathy said...

Your gardens must be glorious! I never tire of your pictures!