Friday, May 19, 2023

A day off...............


I had a few errands to take care of yesterday and a nice outdoor visit with some family.  After all of the digging, planting and mowing I have been doing I just needed a day off.

Last night I looked through my 3 Kathy Doughty books.  I have made quilts from all 3 books, some a little different than her originals.  I didn't find any more that I want to make so these books will go back on the shelf.


After I was done looking through the books I just sat and knitted while I watched the end of the program on TV.

Rain predicted for this morning but it sounds like it will be pretty light.  I may still get the garage pots planted.

 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

I love knitting with Sugar N' Cream--dish and face cloths just work up so fast--very satisfying I think. Love that colorway...
Resting my back day for me after hustling around the hospital corridors and parking lot Wednesday and shopping yesterday...Made shepherd's Pie for tonight's dinner...yum hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Light rain here, too, now blown over. Have you seen the red sunsets (sunrises, too) due to the wildfires in Canada? You inspired me to peruse a Kathy D book (the one with Sarah Fielke)--nothing appealed (all the designs in that book are very big) but Gwen Marston's Liberated Medallions was on that shelf and now I'm thinking about her String Baskets.........

Barbara Anne said...

Well done in giving yourself a day off!!

These days, after quilting for about 30 years, I think up a design, choose a block size, and off I go. Occasionally I look through my bazillion quilting books for inspiration. Will check with the library to see if they have any of Kathy D's books.

Hugs!

JJM said...

A well deserved day off for you yesterday. . . . We all need to catch our breath these days.

But not in this horrendous smoke from Canada. It engulfed our valley 2 days ago and so thick it’s difficult to see our mountain ranges. And particulate in the air so severe I don’t dare to go outside, for my daily walk.

I’m surprised my original comment did not make it to your blog this morning. . . I enjoy checking on your blog later in the day to read other commenters. And I wonder what happened to my comment ?

JJM