Sunday, May 7, 2023

Little blooms.............


The tiny Jonquils are blooming now.  I didn't see any buds until a few days ago and I thought maybe the nights with freeze warnings had stunned them.  There are about a dozen in bloom and more buds that will probably open today.

I dug some more Hostas and potted 8 more.  A couple are really small so I'll probably leave them in pots until next year.  It's surprising how many varieties haven't broken ground yet.  The latest to come up is also the latest to flower, all the way to the first of September.



The Begonia from last summer is still blooming.  The other 3 pots of these are outside by my garage door now.  They wintered over well in a semi-dormant state in my heated garage (55 degrees).



I added some more variety of fabrics with the half rectangle blocks and changed it from matching diagonal pieces to all random.  I'm still not very excited about this but I have a couple more ideas for fabric additions.











Last night I finished knitting a dishcloth with all of the leftover ends of yarn.  I didn't have any more to add so I just made the last corner white.

Prince Charles was born on my 8th birthday and I thought that was pretty special.  Now King Charles III, no longer a prince.  I wonder if he will live as long as his mother did.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

The half rectangles and that pretty dishcloth seem to go together;))
Lovely blooms--68 here this morning--loving it under sunny skies...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the ring of red that the flower have around the center - I don't think I have any that are quite so red, orange yes but not so bright.

JJM said...

Nice Sunday post Wanda, blossoming plants and flowers and more progress on your rectangles and a fun dish cloth to see. It’s a spring time show at your house.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

All is looking good and I love those sweet little Jonquils.

It will be fun to see what fabrics you'll add to your new quilt next!

Hugs!

Nancy J said...

Charles and Camilla, he has a huge task to be as Popular as Elizabeth was. Charlotte shone during the whole ceremony, and the 6 Windsor Grey horses pulling the Golden Carriage were a delight to see.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great blooms! Love the scrappiness of the HRTs.

Patty said...

The Jonquils are so pretty! I only watched a few highlights; the kids did a great job of being patient at such an important event.

Anonymous said...

Love your blooms in that pretty vase, a sweet spring treat ❤️ Roxanne