Thursday, May 18, 2023

Fabric fix.....................


I didn't find any time to sew again yesterday but I needed to play with some fabric last night.  These are all Kathy Doughty fabrics.  I have a few more too but I just enjoyed looking at this group.  I have 3 of her books and have made several quilts that were inspired by her quilts.  I have never used her fabric though.


I mowed the front and side yard yesterday afternoon and then planted the final 3 tomato plants.  This is 2 of the 4th of July variety and one Rutgers.




I backed up for a wider view of this space. This area gets the morning sun.  One of the Hostas is there by the tree.  I previously said there were 3 Hostas but there are 4.




In the back corner of my neighbor's property the Allium are blooming.







This one Allium bloom is on my property.  I don't know who planted them; they just appeared one year.






My Bleeding Heart plant has so many more blooms this year than last year.

I have a little more planting to do.  I have several Coleus plants for my garage pots as well as a few other plants for another pot.

 

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have a couple allium planted but only one bloom this year I wonder if one bulb rotted or just didn't flower for some reason.

MissPat said...

It was 29 degrees at 6 AM this morning with heavy frost on the ground. The frost delayed the start of opening day of the PGA Championship gold tournament in nearby Pittsford. Fortunately I haven't planted any tender plants yet, so I just had to bring in the 2 hanging baskets and half flats of annuals. Hopefully this is the last cold night until fall.
Pat

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those photos with the allium - purple and green - gorgeous!

Nann said...

Yes, a good year for bleeding heart. Wonderful collection of prints! I remember when you made her Soul Searching (I looked that one up) and I think another that was oriented horizontally.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, I have not been able to plant yet- last night we had a frost which is past the normal date. Yikes. I will have to do them next week. My bleeding hearts did wonderful also. Love the fabrics! I saw Anna Maria Horner came out with a new collection, Brave.

Kristin said...

Those fabrics are luscious! I love them. You always have the best fabrics!

Barbara Anne said...

Allium always reminds me of a Dr. Seuss plant that should grow around the Truffula trees in "The Lorax" book.

Love those happy fabrics and I look forward to seeing what you make using them.

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

My bleeding heart finally started blooming this year but something is eating all the blooms! I'm guessing rabbits. Hawks will likely clear that population soon.

Mary said...

It’s tough to be pulled outside when there is so much stitching fun inside. The gardening is looking so nice.